★20 ★: That's Not What I Meant

*Peyton's POV*

They guys all got their frozen yogurt and were sitting down at a table. I leaned against the wall and ate mine slowly.

"Peyton, you've barely touched your Froyo and this was your idea." Jesse said to me. I looked at him.

"Yeah. I kinda lost my appetite for it."

I was thinking about what I was going to say to Alex and how I was gonna say it. I can't screw this up. I've already screwed it up twice. This time it's gonna be right. It has to be. Third time's the charm.

I looked over at the nail salon, biting my lip. "I'm uh, gonna see if there's a bathroom in the nail salon" I said and most of the guys nodded, and Tyler smirked.

"Go then," he said. "You don't wanna get to 'the bathroom' too late."

I chuckled and nodded, jogging over into the salon. I saw Alex's friends getting manicures but I didn't see her.

"Hey Guys." They all turned to look at me. "Where's Alex?" I asked them and they all smirked.

"She's in the back getting a pedicure." One of them said and I nodded, heading back there.

I saw her sitting in the chair, with her eyes clothes, soaking her feet. She's so beautiful

*Alexandria's POV*

"Excuse me, you can't be back here unless you're getting a pedicure" I heard the lady say.

"I just need to tell my friend something. It won't be long" I heard someone else say. I knew that voice. I opened my eyes and saw Peyton standing there.

"I'm sorry, sir. Those are the rules." The lady said again. Peyton sighed before rubbing his neck.

"Fine, I'll get a pedicure then." He replied. I laughed a little and shut my eyes again.

I heard the leather seat beside me squeak. I turned my head and opened my eyes, seeing him sitting right beside me.

"What are you doing here, Peyton? I came here to relax..." I told him, "Don't stress me out." He chuckled.

"I'm not here to stress you out, Alex. I just want to talk." I sighed,

"Alright..." I said as the lady started painting my toenails. I looked down at her. "What do you wanna talk about?"

"Well," He cleared his throat, "You... and me..." I looked up at him.

"What about us?" I asked, getting a little nervous.

"Well, we play baseball together and I'd like to think we're becoming good friends." He said, looking down at his hands and I smiled.

"Yeah."

"But I don't want that..." Peyton continued, and I tilted my head a little, not knowing where he was trying to go with this.

"Well then, what do you want?" I asked and he looked up into my eyes. A small smile spread along his face. God, he could really make a girl melt. My smile widened a little.

"I really, really don't want to be your friend anymore." He said and my smile instantly fell.

"Wait, what?"

"Wait," He said after me. "Uh, no. Alex, That's Not What I Meant."

"Then what do you mean Peyton?" I asked him, raising my eyebrow and crossing my arms.

"What I meant to say was... that I don't want you as my friend anymore.." He said and I just looked at him for a second.

"That's basically the same thing, Peyton." I told him, just as the lady said that I was all set.

"Ugh, why can't I get my words right? Just... let me try again"

"Fine, go." I said, my patience obviously running thin.

"Right, I'll just get to the point. Alex, will you-" Someone cut him off.

"Oh my god, Peyton?!" They said. Here we go with these fan girls again. I looked over at her. This one looked familiar though. I turned to Peyton, whose eyes were stuck on her like glue.

"Ryan..." He finally said.

"Ryan?" I said softly, raise an eyebrow before remembering. "Oh, Ryan." I whispered.

"How are you doing, babe? It's been a little while." She said, coming over and sitting beside him.

"Uh, yeah... It's been good. I've been good." He told her and raise leaned over and looked at me.

"Who's this?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh her?" Peyton said, finally looking back at me. "She's just-" I stopped him.

"Leaving." I got out of the chair. "Nice to meet you, Ryan. I love your work." I said politely before glaring at Peyton. "Hope you guys are happy together"

I walked away and to the front, seeing the girls standing up from their seats.

"Let's go, ladies. We're leaving." I said.

"But Alex, you haven't even gotten a manicure yet." Skylar reminded me, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I'll do it myself." I walked to the counter, putting money on it, telling them keep the change and walking out, the girls shuffling behind me.

I walked past the guys at Froyo world and Tyler called my name. I stopped to look over at him and the girls caught up to me.

"Did you talk to Peyton?" He asked, smirking.

"Oh, we talked alright." I said before sighing.

"And?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Why don't you ask him yourself, Ty?" I told him and he looked at me confused. "I've gotta go" I turned back around and continued walking away.

We got into the car and Skylar began driving.

"So are you gonna tell us what happened?" Tori asked.

"I just wanna go home..." I told her, leaning my head against the window. "If you guys wanna talk about it there then fine, but I need to go home first..."

She nodded and the rest of the car ride was silent.

*Peyton's POV* (From when Alex left)

"Alexandria, wait!" I said, standing up from the seat.

"No, no handsome. You came back here to relax. Pick a color." The nail lady said.

"I'm fine, really. You've been great." I stood up and handed her money before walking out. Tyler spotted me and jogged over to me.

"Peyton, what the hell happened? Alex came out here looking pissed.. or maybe sad... I don't know. All I know is that she was not happy. What did you say to her?"

"I don't even know." I told him. "I just-"

"Peyton..." Ryan came following behind me. I sighed.

"Yes, Ryan?" I answered

"The Ryan?" Tyler whispered and I nodded. She reached me and told me what hotel she was at and told me to give a her a call. I nodded again and waved as she walked away, back into the salon.

"So you didn't ask Alex out then?" Ty asked and I shook my head, looking down.

"I tried though... I did try..." I told him.

Well, there it is guys. CHAPTER 20. I can't believe we made it here. 20 Chapters, Almost 11K reads. And over 330 Votes. Thank you guys for sticking with me.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Tell me what you thought of it, and what you think will happen next, in the comments...

COMMENT, SHARE, VOTE ❤️