𝟢𝟢𝟧. 𝗌𝗈𝗎𝗅-𝖿𝗎𝗅𝗅!

AT A STAGNANT PACE, THEIR FACES SEPARATED, EYES REMAINING LOCKED

FACES SEPARATED, EYES
REMAINING LOCKED.

"Woah," Corpse breathed out, his hands still comfortable on her hip bones.

Eden blushed wildly, grinning at him. It was almost two A.M.

"Thanks for asking. Most guys don't do that anymore," she teased, stroking his cheek with her thumb. His fingers went numb at her touch.

A low chuckle left his swollen lips. "It should be normalized, don't praise me, princess," he sighed.

She hummed at the nickname, wanting to press their lips together again just from the way it rolled off of his tongue—like it was meant to be there.

"We gotta get home, yeah?" His sentence tore her out of zoning out, bringing her back to reality.

Her eyes batted, "Really? But I've had so much fun."

"Sleep over then. Get even with me."

The suggestion brought a smirk to her lips, and she tilted her head to the side to consider the offer. Her weight still rested comfortably in his lap.

"I will, but I'm gonna want a shower first."

"All good with me." Corpse's hair was drying with the night breeze, but the atmosphere was only growing colder. Stars burned, the celestial beings lighting up the corners of the sky.

After a few more minutes of conversation, they grabbed their things and hopped into the car. The heat cranked up, and they drove all the way to his apartment.

"yellow is the color of her eyes" played while she fumbled with the hand of his that wasn't driving, picking at the nail polish before it got the chance to flake off.

Her eyes would innocently watch him from the side as he drove along, growing off the happiness that radiated off of him. It seemed like the most joyful he had been in a while.

"Your hair is very curly when it dries, isn't it?" she questioned during the time the city grew closer and closer.

"Yeah, I got really curly hair. Yours is straight, hm?" he replied, glimpsing over at her. Instead of answering, she just nodded, wrapping the extra jacket from his trunk tighter around her body.

Finally, they pulled into a parking lot, quick to head up to his apartment. Once they entered, he turned the heat up temporarily and let her shower. She had to admit, his apartment was much cleaner than she could've imagined. It was spacious, and in their part of town, that meant he was decently wealthy.