39. Light Years

On December 1996 the nominations for the Golden Globes were announced, and I was surprised enough to learn that I was being nominated for Best Original Song  for my Bond theme; I immediately received a lot of calls, and I decided that I might attend the ceremony in January.

For the event I wore an strapless silk pink dress with a red rose on the chest, with my hair up in a vintage chignon and a diamond necklace; though I was just a month apart from my due date, this pregnancy had been a little bit complicated and difficult to me, resulting in my slender figure instead of gaining weight and my bump that wasn't that huge, but everything was ok with the baby.

I was feeling a little weird to share a moment with the greatest people in Hollywood, since I was just a musician and that was it, but it wasn't so difficult either, since everybody was very nice towards me and Eddie

I was feeling a little weird to share a moment with the greatest people in Hollywood, since I was just a musician and that was it, but it wasn't so difficult either, since everybody was very nice towards me and Eddie. That night I took home the Golden Globe for Best Original Song, beating people like Madonna, Barbra Streisand and even Celine Dion. Madonna was the first one who came to me to my table to congratulate me for my winning, and then Barbra followed her, praising my vocal range and my creativy as a songwriter, something that made me blush madly because fuck! It was th legend Barbra.

Soon after, I found myself talking to Edward Norton, whom I knew he was a fan of Spencer since our early days, but I also knew he was the new love interest of Courtney. Somehow, in the middle of the conversation, he shyly told me that there was somebody who wanted to talk to me and I instantly knew it was the blonde singer, who was also nominated that night for Best Actress.

I laughed a little and with all my honesty I told him it didn't sound like a good idea, since I was a heavily pregnant woman and I didn't want to make a scene with her there, since things last time ended up really bad. He laughed a little too and promised me she really wanted to apologize, so I looked at the table where I knew she was, and she was looking at us, with her graceful and elegant aspect, she waved and smiled at me shyly.

I took a deep breath, looked at her again with that regret gaze on her face, and then I looked at the precious face of Edward... So I nodded and he smiled brightly, standing up and giving me his hand to help me stand up. I took it, and then announced to Eddie I was going to another table to say hi to somebody.

Edward and I walked to the table until we reached Courtney, who looked dazzling and beautiful, like a totally different person from the previous years; we hugged and then we sat, as we start to talk. She apologized for everything and I forgave her with all my heart... I knew this time was honest, and that's why I decided to give her a chance.

Eddie and I skipped the after party because I was very tired, but we had a good celebration back at the hotel, though, those days having sex properly was already impossible.

Next month, just a few days before my due date, the nominations for the Academy Awards were announced, and once again I was nominated for Best Original Song... something that didn't take me by surprise, since I heard a lot of rumours at the Golden Globes saying I was going to be nominated, but I was also confirmed to perform at the ceremony. The pressure was there, and I knew I had to do a lot of things, but I wanted to participate, so I accepted happily.