15. Keen on Boys

"Hey... it's time to wake up" I heard a dulled voice near me, but I was so tired that I didn't want to open my eyes.

"Lily..." The voice called me softly again, now clearer.

"Mmmm" That was my only answer.

"Lillian Frances Marie" I heard, and instantly I opened my eyes only to smile brightly at seeing that pair of green eyes already smiling at me.

I stand up and hugged him tightly as he did the same.

"I missed you so much" He told me.

"I missed you too, Chris... a lot!" I said as he broke the embrace to take a good look at my face.

"Well, this is the face of a warrior... I'm glad for you, Lily. We've heard excellent news about you and Spencer... you're gonna make it big" He added with a gaze full hope.

"WE ALL are gonna make it big, not only Spencer, and you know it" I said, winking at him.

"That's right... well, I just came here to let you know the rehearsal of Temple of the Dog is going to start in half an hour or so, and later you'll witness the magic of Mookie Blaylock in the backyard..."

"Mookie Blaylock? Why one of the greatest basketball players of all time would be in our backyard?" I asked, very confused.

"I'm not talking about the basketball player, Lily"

"Well that's his name, duh"

"I know, but it's also the name of the new band of Stone, Mike, Jeff and Eddie"

"Ohh... alright, I get it" I answered, now feeling a little bit silly.

"By the way... a little bird told me that you already met Eddie and that you both were very excited talking in the morning" He added with a curious smile.

"Don't give me that face, Chris"

"Which face? I don't have any idea what you're talking about"

"Come on... I fucking know you" I said and he started to laugh.

"Hey... it's ok. Eddie it's a nice and decent guy, plus, he's cute... he's your kind of style"

"Stop it, Chris" I said, trying not to smile at his stupid sayings.

"And people say you two look cute" He added, already laughing as I threw him a pillow.

"Shut up!" I shouted, trying to covered my red face.

"It's alright Lily... don't hide your feelings" He said in a dramatic way.

"Did you hear yourself? I've just met the guy a couple of hours ago and you're already talking about feelings? Get out of here"

"Alright alright, I'll stop... just get ready so we can start the rehearsal"

"Yes, dad" I answered and left Mike's bedroom to go to mine.

There, I learned it was 4:00 pm and I got surprised because I slept a lot; so once again, I took a quick shower and later went downstairs where I found Jeff and Matt, whom I greeted in the same way like the others.

"Good afternoon..." I said, still sleepy but smiling because I finally felt I rest.

"Sleeping beauty, your manager called and said that you need to go to the Atlantic building at 5... seems there's some last time minute reunion. The others already know"

"Shit" I said as I looked at the clock on the wall, since it was 4:30 pm.

I went upstairs and changed my clothes, applied very light makeup in a record time frame and I brushed my teeth and hair, which I wore down per usual. I apologized with the guys and Chris, and I told them they should start the rehearsal without me and that I would be back as soon as possible.