14. Call It What You Want

October 17th, 1990. Sea-Tac Airport.

I felt so damn tired, it was 4:00 am, but I had jet lag and it was likely I wasn't going to sleep. I said goodbye to the guys at the exit of the airport and got into a taxi that would take me home, since I didn't notify to any of the guys I was coming home on that day.

It has been our first mini tour in Europe and luckily for us, it was a successful one; I was taken aback when some people asked us for our autographs in the sea-tac airport but we happily signed a couple of shirts and notebooks, as well as some photos.

***********

The driver took me out of my thoughts when he told me we arrived as I paid and thank for the service; everything seemed the same as I left, and I smiled at seeing the apartments, so I continued and opened the door carefully, only too see the darkness of the living room.

I took off my shoes and went upstairs with my small suitcase, being very careful of not doing any noise, since it was early in the morning and they were all asleep. I finally opened the door of my bedroom and closed it after me, but when I was about to turned on the lights, I almost died.

"Whose there?" Someone said and I let out a heavy and loud gasp that made me turned on the lights quickly.

"Who the fuck are you!?" I said frantically but very scared, just to discovered a very handsome guy sitting on my bed, just as surprised as I was.

"Lily?" He calmly called me.

"Yes..." I answered, a little bit confused.

"You're Lily? THE  Lily?" This guy suddenly smiled widely, as if he had found some kind of treasure.

"Uhmmm... I guess" Now I felt embarrassed and I was 100% sure I was blushed because I could feel my face in flames.

"Oh geez... I... I'm Eddie" He said, standing up.

And that was it... I was officially a stupid clown who didn't remember there was a new person in the house, using my bedroom while I was out; he was THAT Eddie that I kept listening about all this time through the phone thanks to the guys. I facepalmed myself and tried to make it right.

"I'm so sorry Eddie... I'm just returning from a long journey and for a second I forgot you were here" I said, clearly ashamed.

"Hey... it's alright, don't worry. Well... I'm Eddie... Eddie Vedder" He said, offering his hand, as I took it and we shook hands.

"I know... but it's nice to meet you finally. I'm Lily Waldorf"

"I also know... nice too meet you too" He answered, with a shy smile.

We stood there for a few seconds in an uncomfortable silence, until he spoke again.

"I-I guess you must be very tired; I'll go and sleep in the couch" He answered taking a pillow quickly.

"No... No, please" I told him and he stopped, looking at me serious. "I mean, you can sleep here... I have jet lag so I won't be sleeping right now"

"Oh... well... are you sure?" He answered, still shy.

"Totally, I just... I'll use the bathroom 'cause I really want to take a shower" I said, placing the suitcase near my desk.

"Oh, then I'll be in the living room while you take the shower" He was prompt to say.

"No, it's ok... I mean, you can continue sleeping... I'm not going to leave the bathroom naked, don't worry" I said, very clumsily as I facepalmed mentally for my awkward speech and he just chuckle a little but was as red as I was.