One last laugh

I woke up to a quiet knock at the door and got up to check it for Toshinori. I got up and went to the foor to see Shota soaking wet from the rain and his eyes a bright red as is he had been crying.

"What are you- oh my lord, come inside Shota before you get sick or something." I said leading him inside. "Here, sit on this towel while I get you some ones to wrap in." I replied walking to Toshinori's bathroom.
    I came back to see Shota falling asleep, "Shota you are still soaking wet. Wait a second then you can sleep." I said quietly waking him up. He opened his eyes a bit and took off my old jean jacket as I wrapped his hair in a towel. After I dryed him off and waited for him to talk he didn't, say anything but sat there staring at me weirdly. "Can I explain myself?" I asked seeing him not move for a good amount of time. "Go ahead..." he said wrapping himself tighter in the blanket I gave him.

I explained what happened that night and explained how I didn't take the ring off and how Nemuri must've taken it off when I was sleeping and how I would have never taken it off in my life time.

"I knew not to have her come over, I knew it. I just wish I could kill her dumb ass!" Shota said shoving his face into my chest slowly relaxing and softly crying onto me. "I know it killed you to not have ne around and I know it killed the kids as well but you need to stop blowing up like that babe, I'm never going to leave you like that father of yours." I said calmly rubbing his back and brushing his hair.  "Why can't I just stop thinking, I just wish I would have never had my scarf to save me that night!" He said yelling/crying loudly. He sat up and shoved himself off of me pushing me off the small couch and he ran out of the door leaving his goggles and scarf, the two most valuable things in his life.

"TISHINORI ITS AN EMERGENCY, GET UP!" I screamed using my quirk as I ran after him throwing on my speaker.

I ran after Shota only hearing his sobbing and seeing his hair flying behind him catching the moonlight as he runs. "Shota please stop running, you have to think more rationally then this!" I yelled using my quirk making him stumble a bit. I continued to run in the down poor trying to catch up with him but I know stealth is his strong suit and I already am sore and hurt so catching him would be harder then usual.
    It has been fourty five minutes since I've seen him last and I can't hear anything now because I've damaged my ear drums, I'm running on pure adrenaline and hopes for him to still be alive knowing he could have jumped off a building and end it all like that...

I gave up on trying to find him feeling my legs burn and my back in imence pain as I was trying to catch my breath
I can't run anymore, their is nothing I can do to save him now. Why couldn't I just have not open the door?!" I screamed louder then I've heard myself while crying as the hard rain hits my bare back as I cry in the freezing rain of southern Japan.

Toshinori's POV

I woke up to Hizashi screaming my name and I was immediately up and ready to fight. I ran around my house throwing on a green shirt and tan pants chasing after the loud thinking I hear outside my house.

At one point I could hear Shota leaping from roof to roof but I can't throw myself as far as he can. I heard Hizashi scream and cry using his quirk and heard him sigh in defeat after the couple hour long search for Shota and ran past Hizashi passing him Shota's scarf knowing he knew how to use it more then I did as I sped by traking down my slender emo friend.
   I was about to give up as I was in northern Japen near an old broken down bar when I heard two voices that sounded oddly alike talking. "I guess you were right Dad, I am useless and a waste of time. I just have one question, why didn't you do me a favor and do this earlier?!" I heard a loud bang and something hit the ground as well as loud laughing that sounded like Shota. I ran down and saw a man with short black hair bent over laughing at Shota's limp body as it was bleeding out onto the pavement. I ripped off my shirt and tied it around the wound and dialed 911 getting an ambulance as fast as possible. I was bawling my eyes out as I was  frantically stopping the bleeding when I heard him start to laugh one last time... In the distance I heard sirens blaring and saw lights frantically flashing as they were rushing to my assistance but what they didn't know is that I've been a witness to the death of a hero...

Or so I thought...