Chapter 8 - Because you're mine

Sit back, read and don't judge me

I turned and looked at him. 

The apartment was small and the living area we stood in was only equipped with the essentials: a grey sofa, a little desk with a simple wooden chair and a bed which was neatly folded. As if no one had slept in it yet. 

The entire place looked uninhabited. 

He stood a few meters away, his head hanging low. 
It suddenly reminded me too much of that little, scrawny boy he had been when I first met him. 

There was so much I wanted to ask, I didn't even know where to start. 

"Why? Why Taehyung?" I finally managed to croak out. 

He still didn't lift his head standing completely still as he answered in the tiniest voice I had ever heard him use. 

"He hurt you, Y/N. I'm sorry I lost control, but I just kept hearing your scream. It won't happen again." 

It's like hearing his stupid apology finally broke something in me as I shot forward and slapped him.

The sound resonated in the room that was otherwise absolutely quiet. 

Taehyung's head had snapped to the side and stayed there, before he slowly looked back, his face a mixture of surprise and shock.

I now knew from experience that getting slapped hurt. 

A tear had already escaped my eyes as I looked up in accusation, my voice shaky and filled with emotions I couldn't suppress. 

"What won't happen again, Taehyung? The fact that you nearly killed someone today or that you have been beating up my Ex-Boyfriends behind my back?"

His eyes widened even more and his mouth dropped open like I was his worst nightmare come to live. 

But I didn't care. 

"Yeah. That's right. I know! I did get to see Chung-Ho and I saw what you did to him! He was a mess, screaming at me to get out, to leave him alone and never talk to him again. At first I didn't understand why. But then I remembered: All my ex-boyfriends called in sick after they broke off with me and then avoided me like I had the plague."

I was so agitated, I could barely hold in my anger as I punched his chest hard and he stumbled back a step, so I took one forward. 

"You did it to all of them, didn't you? I remember the bruised knuckles and the fact that in the night before they texted me, I hadn't seen or heard from you. How could you? How could you hurt me like this? You comforted me, told me you loved me and would always stay by my side. How could you even look at me, or touch me or even stay by my side while I cried? How Tae? Tell me why?"