Chapter 4: Changeless Hero

The next morning was quiet. England slowly woke up and moved around a bit. He slide his hand across the bed and stopped when he noticed America wasn't there. He opened his eyes and looked around a bit. Figures, he first thought. He sat up in his bed with the thought that America had ditched him, like he did once before for a joke. He signed and rubbed his eyes when the door flew open.

"Oh! Your awake!" America walked in with a muffin in his mouth. His loud and obnoxious voice wasn't a pleasant thing to hear when you first got up but it gave England a sense of relief knowing that he was still there.

"Where did you get the muffin?" England asked. America held up a paper bag.

"I went out and brought breakfast since you were still sleeping and nothing in your kitchen looked good." America said. Well thank you, England sarcastically thought. America reached into the bag and took out a muffin. He tossed it to England who just managed to catch it.

"What money did you used to get this exactly?" England asked. America froze.

"W-Well…..I'll pay you back? Heh heh?" America shrugged. England signed.

"You better pay me back." He said. He didn't want to argue, it was too early and he didn't even have his tea yet. He simply took a bite of his muffin as America ate his.

"Hey England. Are English muffins from England?" America asked. England rolled his eyes a bit and ignored the question. America jumped onto the bed, startling England, and kept eating. "You sleep well?"

"I guess so." England yawned. "I saw that you had trouble sleeping huh?"

"W-What do you mean by that?" America stuttered. England got a devilish smile.

"Were you so afraid that you had to grab onto my arm?" He said. America felt his face flush and he quickly turned away.

"I-I didn't mean to! I was sleeping! It doesn't count!"

"Why are you defending it so much?" England asked. America froze.

"I-I'm not."

"You are."

"Meh!"

"'Meh'?"

America stormed out. "Yes! Meh!" England sat there for a minute. That didn't turn out so well. It wasn't even ten o'clock and they had already set up bad odds for the day. England finished his little breakfast before getting up for the day. He felt a little dizzy standing up but most of his other symptoms were gone. He took a hot shower, which relaxed his aching muscles, and got dressed in a sweater and pants. He then went downstairs to make some tea. He walked into the kitchen, noticing America was absent, and made his tea. He drank it slowly to wake himself up fully. He didn't hear anything up stairs meaning the American wasn't up there either.

He must of got all mad and left? Good riddance, England thought drinking more. "What are you doing?" America stood at the entrance of the kitchen. Guess he didn't leave after all, England signed.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He said. "I'm drinking my tea. Is that a problem?"

"You should be in bed!"

"I'm fine." England finished and put the cup in the sink. "I'm not as sick as I was yesterday."

"Don't push it. You may be feeling better today and then go right back down again." America said.

"I'll take a easy today alright? I have to get some work done."

"Just please don't push yourself." America said. He's actually concerned?