Glad You Came

[Smut Warning]

Gabrielle, one of Camila's coworkers, fixed the train of the wedding gown as Camila worked on clipping the veil into her hair. They had just closed the boutique for the day which meant it was time for Camila to pose for some more Instagram pictures.

"Mila, your man is trying to FaceTime you," called out Addison, one of the other girls who worked at the bridal shop. Camila walked over and answered the phone.

"Hey you," she said with a smile.

"Hello beautiful! I was gonna ask if you're all ready to come see me tonight but clearly you are..." he joked, referring to the white gown and veil she was wearing. It wasn't the first time she had answered one of his calls looking like this so he wasn't too surprised by her appearance, but they couldn't deny that it was still kind of a funny situation. Camila knew marriage wouldn't be on the table for them for a while, if at all, but still hearing his little jokes about it always made her heart skip a beat.

"I just have to take a few pictures here and then I'm heading home to get my stuff and then picking Bristol up and heading for the airport!"

"Ok. Text me before you take off?"

"Sure," Camila giggled. "I mean, I can't imagine we won't be texting before then, but okay." Shawn's cheeks turned pink as he smiled shyly.

"Well hurry up and finish taking those pictures so you can get your cute ass to Canada. I miss you."

"I miss you more," she sighed. "I'll see you in a few hours, baby."

"Ok, see you soon." Shawn took a deep breath as he hung up. He wasn't a messy guy and always kept his place looking nice and tidy, but still as he looked around he couldn't help but feel like it wasn't good enough. He got out his cleaning supplies and went to work making sure not a single speck of dust survived. After cleaning more than he ever needed to, he dimmed the lights and lit the Christmas tree that stood tall in his living room. He lit a couple candles and fluffed the couch cushions before proudly putting his hands on his hips and admiring his work.

"I can't believe you guys are really doing the whole long distance thing..." Addison said as she helped Camila out of the wedding dress she was wearing.

"Me neither," Camila sighed. "Honestly it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I mean, I miss him for sure, but we're making it work."

"Good for you. I tried it once and it was a nightmare. I mean, it started out nice...but there were major trust issues. He'd go out with friends and I'd always be worried that he'd be cheating on me. He got so annoyed with me not trusting him that one day he just...did it. He cheated on me and told me about it and that was it."

"Sheesh," Camila said sadly. "That...that really sucks."

"Tell me about it." Camila stepped out of the dress and began putting her normal clothes back on as Addison hung up the gown. "Oh well. Everything happens for a reason, I guess. Have fun on your trip and have a good Christmas! See you when you get back!"

"Yep, see you then!" Camila stepped out of the dressing room and grabbed her things before heading home and getting everything she would need for the trip and picking up her best friend to head to the airport.

Bristol and Camila made their way through airport security, but not before Bristol got pat down by a large female security officer named Leslie. Camila laughed when she saw her best friend eye the tall, dark & handsome security officer working the other lane before grimacing down at Leslie.

"Do I really look like I'd be trying to smuggle something into fucking Canada?" She complained to Camila after being freed. "I mean I wouldn't have minded the pat down if it was Officer Hottie over there feeling me up, but of course I get stuck with Leslie," she snarled. Camila just shook her head and began walking towards their gate. "There's a Starbucks over there. I'm gonna go get a cold brew before we're stuck with Tim Horton's for the next few days." Bristol walked towards the coffee shop while Camila found them some seats by their gate.