Chapter 10: Lucas

Chapter 10:

*Alexa Shiffer*

She did not just say that.

"W-what?!" I spluttered out as the smirk never left Natalie's face. "What do you mean? We go to the same school. I..um..sat with him in History."

"And that's all?"

"Yes! Of course it is!"

"Woah, calm down!" I didn't even realise I was shouting until she pointed it out which was when I slapped a hand over my mouth a little too quickly. I muttered a sorry, looking down, feeling my cheeks flush.

"Okay Alexa, something tells me there's more to that story, eh? Come on, you can trust me," she encouraged me with a warm smile. I guess it wouldn't harm me telling her. But what if it got out? Then what would Jasmine do? I did agree to the plan after all, but then again..just one person.. I flicked my eyes up to see her grinning at me earnestly.

"Well.." Then I spilt it out, I couldn't keep it to myself for any longer.

"Okay, so you know Jasmine Watton, of course you do everyone does, yeah, well, like, her and Jordan were always the 'it' couple around here, but then they broke up like, two years ago 'cos she was cheating on him with his best mate so she was way embarrassed and left school to move to England. Yeah, but she started again this semester and is pretty much out to get Jordan for embarrassing her. So for some stupid, insane, delirious reason, I agreed when Jordan practically begged me to be his 'pretend' girlfriend so that Jasmine would leave off him, I don't know why, but I just couldn't say no! I mean, I absolutely HATE him! And-" I took a deep breath to carry on but before I could, Natalie cut in.

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down!" She waved her hands to calm me down.

"There is something up with you and him because whenever you are talking about him you start blushing, and get real worked up about it at the same time"

"It's 'cos I frickin' hate him, that's why!" I literally screamed.

"You see my point?" Natalie laughed quizzically which was replied with an irritated huff from me.

"Should I ask why it is that you hate him..or.." The thing was, I couldn't explain it to anybody. I had been told by my parents. Plus, maybe I had said too much already..

"Not unless you want another lecture," I mumbled, letting a strand of dark hair fall over my eyes. "Besides, it's end of class," I finished, standing up quickly and briskly making my way to the changing rooms.

~*~

I was making my way to the cafeteria from gym which was a separate block so I had to go outside first, but it was a fairly warm and breezy day so I didn't mind.

As I was walking past I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a lean, blonde guy standing on a bench with his hands thrust in his pockets and peering through a window. I recognised him as the guy I had seen that morning. I smiled to myself.

He didn't seem to hear me approach so after a fair amount time of standing there, I spoke up.

"Hey what are you doing?"

I snickered as he suddenly whipped around, his mouth open to speak and his cheeks a dark violet.

I couldn't help but immediately gaze into his deep, piercing but somehow soft blue eyes, and I found that I could not take my own off his.

"Oh, um.." he struggled for words as I watched him, my eyebrows raised.

"I was..erm.. looking for my history classroom.."