But instead I nodded my head and made up an excuse, which I forgot the moment I said it. 
My mom went into mother mode, making me tea, tucking me in blankets and told me to rest. 

She asked me something. I think it was whether she should go to work or not. 
I probable told her I was fine, because a few minutes later, I was alone in the house. 

Somewhere in the back of my head I remembered Namjoon telling me yesterday that he was going to an art gallery in the next town today, and since my sister was at work too, it was just me. 

Alone. 

Yes, that's how I felt. 
But not because the house was empty, but because something essential was missing. 

I started laughing. 
I was going crazy! 

I laughed and laughed. 

How strange that the only thing I really felt, was missing Taehyung! 
I felt that fear again and my laughing died. 

I didn't understand anything anymore. 

The days just went past me but my state didn't change. It was like I wasn't myself as I performed essential tasks. 

I pretended to be asleep when my family slowly returned, one after the other checking on me. 

I went through the motions: "I'm fine." "I'm feeling a bit better", "No, I'm not hungry." 

The next day wasn't better. Or the day after.

I checked my phone. 
I had several texts from Jungkook, Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi and Jin, all asking how I was feeling. 

I kept the answers short. I just didn't have the energy. 
Then my eyes skipped past their names to the one marked with a star. 

Taehyung's name bored into my brain and I stared for several minutes. 
He hadn't texted. 
He hadn't come by.
He also hadn't been in school, Namjoon told me this morning. 

My heart squeezed together. 

Annoyed, I threw my phone away, not caring if it broke and decided to try and get some sleep. 
With little success as I tossed and turned until there was no more comfortable positions.
I was sick of thinking about everything, and yet I could not find the off button. 

If this continued, I would die of sleep-deprivation!

Finally, I had enough. 

Throwing away the blanket, I got up and glanced at my alarm clock.
2 AM. 

I sighed. Great. 

I sat on my bed and looked at my room again. 
Everything screamed Taehyung, from the laptop on my desk, to the flower he got me as a present, to the way the picture frame of our photo hung slightly crocked against the wall. He had said we looked better in this angle and so I'd left it that way on purpose. 

 I couldn't stand it anymore. 

I had to get out of here. 

I had snuck out of the house before. 
But either Tae had been by my side, or was the one waiting outside my door. 

Tonight, when I silently stepped into the night, there was no one there to greet me. 
No mischievous but charming smile as he jumped me with a one-sided hug. 
No comment on how I looked badass, climbing over the rim of my balcony and down the vines that had grown almost perfectly into a ladder. 

I had nowhere to go, I suddenly realized, so I just started walking. 

After only a couple of minutes I regretted not bringing a jacket. 
It had gotten colder. 
A lot colder. 

Like everything else, it must have escaped my attention. 

But I made no move to turn around. 
The cold actually managed to tune out some of those annoying thoughts. 

I walked and walked, without any direction or notion of where I was going. 

Lost. 

                                                                   ******

Sorry this chapter was so sad... gonna get action-filled again soon.