Chapter 7

Hello, Kittens,
How was your week?
Well, I'm utterly thankful to you guys. The last chapter reached 200 reads in a week! It's the first accomplishment of Tainted Vows! I'm beyond thankful 🙇

🌼Happy Vijayadashami🌼
To those who don't know what this festival means.
Well, it's simple. We in India, celebrate this festival to overcome the victory of Good over Evil. Lord Rama, killed The King of Sri Lanka, Ravana on this day. Lord Rama, rescued his wife Sita from the Ravana. (For more info plz google 😆).

So here's today's message: Be good to all even to those who are bad to you! Because in the end good wins.

Here we are yet again with another chapter.

Read. Read. Read.
**********************************************************************************

Liliana

The woman staring back at me appeared livelier than anticipated. The heavy eyes stared back at me unfazed.

Her skin glowed.

Her eyes twinkled with such vigour I fought to take my eyes off her.

I gaped at her.

She defined perfection. Sheer excellence exuded her persona. A wave of placidness cocooned her myriad of emotions which were on the verge of an explosion in her tangled mind. The serenity cascaded over her shoving back her fears. Her demons retreated to the dark castle where they belonged.
The woman no longer recalled the young frightened girl hiding in her mama's closet rather, in this nanosecond of a moment she was staring at the figure who seemed sanguine, certain and assertive.

Who is she?

Donned in midnight blue cashmere gown, the fabric hugged her figure emphasizing the sweet body curves.
The gown is decent, plain and modest clutched with a mandarin collar neck covering the back. A slender slash plunges dangerously low revealing the feminine dip of her breasts till it ceases in the mid-waist. The gown clinches compelling the waist to seem a bit narrower than usual. The fabric flaring down the hips kiss the floor effortlessly.

The collared neck is adorned with the ornate dainty embroidery skimming down on either side of the slash. The sleeves are long, ending with cuffs embellished in intricately embroidered finishings. Inseam pockets aligned bestows a nonchalant look if hands are to be stuffed inside. The entire body is hidden under the soft cashmere, solely for the narrow diving neckline.

Her brunette hair is pinned in an elegant low bun several hair strands fanning her face. The makeup artist has rimmed her orbs with the kohl amplifying the smokey effect, finishing with cat-like eyes enhancing the hazel orbs. Her long eyelashes curled up in mascara caresses the brows. A light pinkish hue stains her cheeks enriching the high cheekbones matching her light pink lips.

The gown does not exhibit sexiness. Yet, it reveals the skin modestly. One would say she is dull, clad from head to toe yet, it portrays elegance.

The diamond stud earrings glimmers mirroring with the gleam in her orbs. Her whole being is radiated. She looks vibrant. She looks confident enough to take down the world.
She imitates a Queen ready to strike, capable to seize what belongs to her.
The throne.
And the crown.

Though, deep down she's faltering. She's unsure. She's in denial. She's self-doubting herself, questioning her worth.

I can't recognize the woman before me. I blink at my reflection utterly enchanted.
Is this me?
The woman in the mirror looks everything but me.