Chapter 17

Hi, lovelies. How are you?
I know it's been a long time. I haven't written anything for like almost a year. Some issues we're going on with my personal life, some are not fully sorted but I hope in the future universe will bless me with good things. In my ongoing life situations, I didn't have any motivation to write. So, now that I have some ideas I sat down my lazy ass to finish this chapter.
Also my mains Dominic and Liliana weren't talking to me. I can't write when my characters won't talk to me. I should feel connected to them which I wasn't for a long time. I won't be doing them justice if I write without including what they want to say.
Thank you for being patient with me. I love you.
Anyways enough of my talk you guys go read
******************************************************************************

Liliana

An eerie silence stretched the narrow space between the tall ebony shelves humming a low haunting melody. Classics, leather-bound, hardcovers pile up the ebony shelves. The lights didn't seem to function. Earlier, I tried the switch but they gave out. Maybe they don't light this room anymore. The only existence of light illuminating this dark place is the sunlight reflecting from the window. Yet, in the presence of light, the air in the library is sizzled with a hint of something dark.
Something ominous.
As if you could sense the presence of the past.
The presence of the dead.
Or maybe the dead are not dead after all.
Or maybe it's just me, and somehow I'm not afraid to be in here.

The rough edges of the hardcover in my hand itch into my skin reminiscing the old tales. It's exactly as she had recited. Nothing changed.
The dead lives here.
I could feel the spirit. 
She's not gone.
I could sense her presence in this room. Feel the coldness deep inside my bones in this gloomy library yet it's warm, it's uncanny.
This place smells like her. Like rusty old books and lavenders.

I spot a plush leather chair near the window making myself comfortable. Laying the classic novel on my lap I tilt my head staring at the ceiling of the library. It's painted. I squint my eyes to get a better view of the paintings. Too bad, I can't see them due to lack of light.
Closing my eyes I sigh against the plush leather. Days have turned into nights which have turned into a week.

A long slow-burn week and yet I can't wrap my head around one thing.
Me.
Married.
Married to Dominic.
My living nightmare.
In Viegas.
My new house. My new home.
Home.

I don't know the meaning of the word anymore. Dominic will make sure I'm not invited here.
In his home.

I was so bored to death that I decided to wander around this sprawling Marcello mansion and I was not surprised at all. Just like I had imagined the mansion is vast and screams supremacy. The library and garden are the two spots in the entire mansion that have bewitched me. Of course, Marcello's home is a dream. But, if I have to hide and not get noticed then these two spots deserve the first place.

I glance around the library. Shelves and shelves of books lined running down the hall of every genre. He would have loved this place. His mom would have definitely. A smile touches my lips remembering him and her.
Amara.
She was always with the books. No one could have said she was the daughter of the mafia. Amara was a total nerd. Contrary to her sister.

Victoria is nothing like her sister. Looks nothing like Amara. Yet, they share the same blood a small voice whispers back to me. Instantly, the back of my eyes burns. Jerking away I swallow the pang of guilt bubbling up and focus on my current situation. All alone in this vast mansion.
Victoria and my in-laws are away in Los Angeles. They are arriving in two days. The family thought they could give the newlyweds some private space.
How wonderful. I roll my eyes at the ridiculous notion. As if they don't know this marriage is anything but collateral! Of course, the servants are there but I'm not familiar with any of them. Martha, the head cook is very gentle and possesses a warm personality but my past doesn't let me trust anyone that easily. So, I keep the talk short.

Tainted Vows: Book #1 In 'Til Death Do Us Part Duet A Mafia Romance 18+जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें