New Friend=Esmee

EBONY

After ordering my third round of ice cream I ask for the check but Esmee rips it out of my hand.   " Girl it's your birthday! I'm paying!" I smiled at her thankfully. My phone starts ringing again and I glance at it. Jensy. I pick it and I don't get a word in before she starts bombarding me with questions. " Girl where are you I came to get you for lunch and Mason said you left and you were mad. What happened?" She asked me. I looked at Esmee. "Should I go?" I shake my head no at her. She visibly relaxes in her seat and looks at me listening to what I was going to say. 

"So I was with him in his office when some white girl comes in and she is holding him and calling him babe and all that! But the part that got me really angry and was messed up was when she fucking told me that my boss was busy so I had to leave and guess what this bitch did? She started shooing me away like I was a dog or something! Jensy When I tell you I held onto my anger I mean I was really about to knock her goofy as out! Anyways I left before I got a lawsuit on my tail." 

Jensy started laughing on the other line. "Bitch I would have knocked her out. The fuck!?" I laugh along with her. I see Esmee hiding her laugh. Jensy I just met this cute as hell girl and she's so nice! She's here I want you to speak with her" Esmee looks a little nervous when she takes the phone but a smile soon takes over her face. They are getting along already. I smile happily. But I automatically feel like shit when I remember Mason. I need to quit this job if I want to get over him. 

So I motion for her to cut the phone off with Jensy. She does so, but reluctantly. She passes me my phone and I give him a single text. I hope it burns. 

I'm Quitting. I never want to see you again. 

MASON

I jump when my phone dings with a text. I hurriedly open the text when I see that it's Ebony but the words on my phone make the smile on my face drop. No. No. I need to talk to her. I dial her number and call her. The line rings and rings and rings.

EBONY

Esmee looks at me as I look at my phone pathetically. Masons name flashes on the screen and then the ringing stops, only for it to start up again. Before I can say anything Esmee picks my phone up she pays the bill and tips the waiter. She pulls me to my feet and drags me out of the restaurant. She answers the call and puts it on the speaker. I'm taken aback by what she does next. "Why the fuck do you keep calling her number!? She's done with you! Fuck off!" Esmee is fuming at my phone. I hear Mason clear his throat. "Please I only want-" Esmee doesn't let him finish and then she's back yelling at him.

My chest feels bubbly with happiness for Esmee standing up for me. Esmee is still holding my hand when she abruptly hangs the phone up on Mason. She intertwines my arm with hers."Girl, he sounds so pathetic!" Esmee tells me. I feel a pang of anger at her for saying that and then I have to remind myself that I don't like him anymore. I beam at her. "Thank you so much for telling him off. I just cant." Esmee removes her arm from mine and I see her putting her number and name in my contacts. She smiles at me kindly and looks at me in my eyes. "Call me whenever. Okay?" "Of course I will!" I grinned at her profusely.

--------------------------------

I smile happily at Zena when she bounds out of the schoolhouse. "Hi, Ebi!" Zena greets. "Hey, baby!" I take her hand and we cross the street towards Jensy's car as I open the door for Zena I hear the end of Jensy's conversation. "She's gonna be so happy! oop-bye!" I looked at her. questionably but she only shrugged her shoulders. 

MASON

"Hello, Jensy- wait don't cut me off, please! I only want to fix things. I wasn't cheating on her but she won't listen. I don't want her to hate me forever for seeing things than they actually were." I breathed a sigh when Jensy didn't hang up. But I was still uneasy because she was silent on the other end. Until she wasn't. "How the fuck did you get my number?!" She basically screeched in my ear. I pull the phone from my ear and put it on speaker. " I'm your boss, remember?" She sighs. " What do you want just hurry and tell me." She sounded weary. I jumped at my chance.

"Okay, so I got her a house and a car." Jensy treated me with silence for a few seconds before she utters a quiet " What?" She sounded astonished. " I bought her a house and a car. It's already furnished and done paid for. She only has to pack whatever she wants to keep and move in." Jensy is quiet again until I guess my offer gets to her brain and she starts telling me how happy Ebony will be. 

"She literally has been saving up for a car for so long but then she had to use the money due to some personal matters but that doesn't matter now! She's going to be sooo happy! God bless you." I could practically see her beaming. "It's my pleasure, after all, it is her birthday, isn't it? September 17. I've gotta keep that locked in my brain now." Jensy chuckled. 

"Okay, so what should I do?" Jensy asked. "Okay, so you keep her away from her apartment and just help me surprise her. I'm gonna send you the address and then when I'm ready You drive her over." Jensy giggled as if we were high schoolers sharing secrets. "She's gonna be so happy!-oop-bye!" Jensy hangs up the phone. I take that chance to call the movers. 

"I want all her things moved from that apartment into the new house. Be quick and be swift. We only have about an hour left. Don't let me down." I hang up and get inside the car making sure not to scratch or smudge anything. I drive it carefully through the loud streets of New York. The streets quiet when I start to reach my destination. I park in front of the beautiful house and get out of the car.

Jensy doesn't drive to my apartment, she makes a short cut to her house and parks the car. Zena and I look at her a little confused. "It's your birthday remember? I ordered some delicious cuisines come on before it gets cold!" Zena holds my hand and we skip happily into Jensy's house.

EBONY

I finish my meal feeling grateful for Jensy. "Jensy thank you so much for the dinner! what are we going to do next? Will, we go to the club?" I asked. "Girl I got something way better!" Jensy grabbed my hand and then turned me around. She then put a blindfold on my face to cover my eyes. "Um, Jensy...I am confused." She chuckles at me. "It'll make sense in a little bit."

"Zena, you are done changing? Come on we going out!" I heard Jensy call out. Where the heck were we going? And why did I have to wear a face-covering?