Mi Amore

EBONY

I hiss under my breath when my hair gets caught between Jensy's car door. " Jensy wait my hair is stuck." I opened the door and pulled the shiny braids out. I wore comfy cotton pants and a long sleeve. The air was getting chilly outside. I tuck my little umbrella in my purse and sit snugly in the car seat. I look out the window at the rain droplets and write my name on the window. I snap out of my trans when I hear honking. Ugh, traffic.

MASON

It seems today is going to be a cloudy and relaxed day. The sun was hiding and the sky made me feel like snuggling up and doing nothing. Too bad I have to go to work.

I enter the building and automatically get hit with the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin. The Halloween decorations were starting to get put up. As I am passing the front desk Macy greets me and waves me over. "Good morning Mr. Rosado I got you a pumpkin latte when I was making my errands earlier. Would you like it?" Macy looked at me kindly through her eyes. I was a bit confused because she wasn't making any moves on me. She wasn't being flirtatious either. Could it be that she was only being kind?

" Of course Macey I will take it. I appreciate your thoughtfulness!" I grabbed the cup and thanked her. When I entered my office I was surprised to see that my desk wasn't filled with heaps of paperwork. I guess today really was going to be a chill day.

I sat in my comfy chair at my desk and breathed in the smell of the pumpkin and cinnamon. I sighed and got to work. Right, when I grabbed my pen I remembered that I was trying to find Mi Amor. I jumped out of my seat.

EBONY

I sit at my desk cozily and started on my work. About five minutes in, My manager comes into the room and her intercom speaker starts to have a static-like sound until It clears and I hear a smooth velvety voice greet her. My body stills. "Good morning Lola. I hope everyone is feeling well in your department. I am looking for a specific person...but I don't know her name. I think she is fairly new. I'll describe her to you." My manager speaks back into the intercom/walky-talky." I'm listening."

"Okay so she has a big afro and she has beautiful dark skin. She has hazel eyes and her body is curvaceous. She always smells like coconuts and pineapples. Her lips are plumpy and big...and that's all I have. Please help me find her."

I gasp when I realize that the description was a lot like me. And the voice sounded just like my handsome stranger. My manager responded " I have someone who fits the description only except she has box braids now. Should I still send her up?" An excited voice speaks over the intercom/walky-talky. " Yes send her up It wouldn't hurt to be extra thorough." 

The walky-talky turns off and my manager who goes by Lola comes over to my cubicle. " Ebony The big boss wants to see you upstairs. We are on the 4th floor but when you take the elevator you have to stop at the 9th floor and head to room 903. You're not in trouble... I promise." Lola shooed me towards the elevators and made her way back to her personal office.

I walked nervously towards the elevators and got in. I clicked the button for the 9th floor and took a deep breath. When the elevator door opened I walked out gingerly and searched for room 903 which didn't take long at all.

MASON

"Yes send her up it wouldn't hurt to be extra thorough." I put the walky-talky down and then immediately started pacing the room. Why was I getting so nervous? I took a deep breath and felt my nerves noticeably calm down. I perched myself on the end of my desk and ran my hands through my hair. I was loosening my tie when I heard gentle knocking on my door. I hurried back to my chair. "Come in!"

EBONY

"Come in!" My blood pressure spiked. I grasped the doorknob and opened the door. I walked slowly through the door and into the room. The smell of expensive perfume wafted to my nose. I gaped when I realized how fancy it looked! The room was huge! It had a soft plushy carpet and the windows were floor to ceiling.

I jumped when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked to my right and my breath caught in my throat. It was my handsome stranger. His midnight hair was in a professional coif and his suit hugged his muscly arms snugly. 

"Are you okay? come sit." His voice had made my insides feel like jello. When I got close enough I realized that he was smiling amusedly. I sat down on the plushy chair across from his desk. My butt wasn't all the way situated when he started asking me questions.

"I hope you remember me. Do you?" He seemed nervous. It calmed me down to see that I want the only nervous one. " I do remember you. You were the only person who cared enough to help me. Thank you." He relaxed visibly. I was getting comfortable. " I really missed you. The way you held me like you actually loved me or something." I looked across at him and smiled kindly.

He got up from his chair and stood up tall. He walked around the desk, I followed him with my eyes. "Now Mi Amor, tell me. What is your name?" He perched himself on the edge of the desk right in front of me. I felt my face get hot. "Ebony Mensah." I willed myself to look him in the face, right in his beautiful bluish-grey eyes." Oh, Ebony how beautiful." He practically tasted my name. " Um, may I get your number Ebony?" I nodded eagerly. He gave me his phone which I stored my number in and my name. 

" Ebony how would you feel if I gave you a promotion?" my eyes widened. " Wait really? to where?" I was shocked. " You could become my new personal assistant!" He answered. I couldn't believe it I was going to say yes I didn't even need to think about it. " Yes oh my gosh yes!!" I was practically bouncing in my seat. He smiled happily.

I got out of my seat and launched myself at him. Even though my frame was a lot smaller than his I jumped up high enough to get my arms around his neck. He thoughtlessly hugged me back. Holding my waist I felt his muscled chest and arms through his expensive suit.

He nuzzled his chin on my head and held me to his chest. " Um, what is your name?" I looked up at him. " My name is Mason Rosado." I nodded and went back to burying my head in his chest. 

Mason. Cute.