Ambre and Ezra

Time-lapse: 1 day

"He is such a beautiful baby!" Ms.Ericka boasted about Oliver. I smiled as she held Oliver, his little fingers reaching for her necklace. He smiled his toothless smile at her and she all but melted.  " I have everything set up for you. He doesn't cry very much. Thank you so much!" I kissed Her on her cheek before grabbing my purse and heading out to Mason's car. He flashed a smile at me before opening the door for me. " Mi Amore" He nods at me. I giggle at him and sit down. " Of to work it is I suppose!" Mason takes on a horrible British accent. I cackle.

-,-,-,-,-,-,-

I sit at my desk trying to figure out what paperwork was due earlier so that I could work on those when my phone starts to ring. I suppress a frustrated sigh and reached for my phone. Esmee. My sour mood lifts and I pick the call, a relaxed smile taking over my features. "Hey! I haven't spoken to you in like, forever! I miss you so much! Come get lunch with me?"Esmee's choice was ecstatic. "But Esmee I have so much work to do. I don't think I can." My sour mood immediately came back. " Don't worry babe I can help you. We can be done in half the time it would take you to do it on your own. When are they to be handed in?" Esmee asked her voice thoughtful.

"Until next week. So we have like four days." I answered. "Okay! I can help you! Just say yes to this brunch I miss you so much!" I giggled as Esmee pleaded with me. " Of course Esmee, but I have to ask my boss." She groaned. Annoyed that I felt like I had to ask Mason first. I mean I was his secretary and he had this huge company to watch over and he trusts me to help him. I put Esmee on hold and ring Mason. He picks on the second ring. " Hey, babe why don't you just come to my office? I'm right down the hall." Mason's tone sounded husky and seductive. I made a breathy laugh. "Actually I was calling to see if I could go to lunch with Esmee. I haven't seen her in a while and I miss her. Only if you want me to though."

Mason sighed a sad sigh. " I thought you were calling so we could have phone sex." He sounded melancholy. I busted out laughing so hard. "Babe what!?" He snickered over the line at my reaction. " I'm just kidding. You can go with your friend. You just have to pay me back" The seductive tilt in his voice was back. Mason hung up the phone. Leaving me slightly dizzy and horny. I called Esmee back. "Hey Esmee I have some time so I can come." I rushed out while I grabbed my purse and walked out of my office. " I have two more people coming that I think are really cool and you could meet," Esmee told me lightly. " Yea, yea Esmee, sure." I agreed. " I'm downstairs in the blue car," Esmee told me.

-,-,-,-,-,-,-

I gasped when I see Esmee her shoulder-length blonde locks were cut short into a pixie. And it suited her so much I almost forgot what she looked like with her old hairstyle.  " Um, I am loving the hair!" I boasted to Esmee. She smiled, a small blush surfacing on her cheeks. I sat in the passenger seat and buckled myself in. "Okay, of to Brunch we go!" I exclaimed happily. I jump in my seat when I hear a soft chuckle laced with a velvety giggle coming from behind me. I turn my head quickly, surprise undoubtedly marring my face. A blonde man and a black woman. Her glossy and colorful braids took me even more by surprise. Her hair looked familiar. Both of them smiled dazzlingly at me. "Hello there! it is very nice to meet you!" The lady chorused. Her thick French accent made her look even hotter. And she was really hot.

The same could be said for her friend there. He had a silver hoop nose ring and tiny black diamond earrings. They were both so beautiful. "I am Ambre and this is Ezra." She pointed to the man next to her. "Hello." He spoke softly. I didn't detect a french accent from him. Also, He must have been a man of few words. " Hey yall it is really nice to meet you! My name is Ebony!" I reached my hand to them. Ambre's feather-soft hands clutched me tightly and shook my hand hard once. A very firm hand-shake.

I straightened my hand towards Ezra for a handshake. He looked at my hand and then looked at Ambre. His face asking a silent question. She nodded her head slightly. A yes. Ezra then shook my hand as well. His hands weren't as strong but they were oh so soft, huge, and warm. Reassuring, kind. He smiled a small smile and looked away from me. A light blush formed on his cheeks. Cute. I turned back around and sat comfortably in the passenger seat.

A comfortable silence settled in the car.

-,-,-,-,-,-,-

"Guys, you can order whatever you want lunch is on me!" Esmee boomed as the waiter took us to our table. We all order within 10 minutes wait for our dishes to be prepared. "Oh, my goodness Ebony! I heard that Mason's ex-wife had tried to kill you! Ashante or whatever her name was! But then on the news, I saw that she got run over!" A loud gasp came from Ambre as Esmee finished her sentence. We all looked at Ambre. "What is it Ambre?" I asked her quizzically. Ambre looked me deep in my eyes and leaned forward. " It was me...I accidentally ran the lady over. She was turning the corner and so was I. I hit her before I realized what was going on."

Ambre looked a little embarrassed and shaken. "But even though the police let me go, I still feel kind of bad," Ambre explained. "Well Ambre if you hadn't accidentally run Ashely over, She might have gotten away and circled around to kill me. So thank you." I smiled teasingly at her. She visibly relaxed and nodded her head. Esmee clapped her hands excitedly as the waiter brought our food.

Time-Lapse:1 hour

"No, you don't!" Esmee reached quickly for the check before Ambre could reach. I giggled at them. "Alright, y'all let's go!" Ezra and Ambre held hands as we walked out of the restaurant. Boyfriend and girlfriend? Or were they married? I didn't see a ring on either of their fingers. Perhaps they were boyfriend and girlfriend. "I have to go back to work so drop me off first please!?" Esmee nodded her head and stepped in the gas pedal.

I was dropped off at the office in no time. Esmee drove off. Ezra and Ambre waving goodbye at me. I went straight to Mason's office, I had to start the paperwork. Esmee would come to help later. Mason looked up at me tiredly as I stepped into his office. "Hey, babe!" I greeted him. " Babe, I'm so sleepy...come wake me up." I giggled at Mason's forced seductive voice. "Um...your father called." Mason's lips were set in a grim line. His voice sounded annoyed. "What did he say?" I asked. I sat across from him, sinking in the chair.

"He says tomorrow is his birthday and he would like for us to come. That he is feeling melancholy." Mason's tone was less annoyed now. "Well, what did you say?" I questioned Mason. "I told him I would pass the news over to you." Mason shrugged nonchalantly. I sighed. "Well, I guess tomorrow is gonna be party time." I made my voice all sing-songy and swiveled my hips. Mason let out a sexy chuckle.

Hey beautiful people! Thank you so much for reading my story. Please don't forget to vote and comment if you can! Thank you❤️❤️-Ruby