Vergil: Hm, the land of darkness...how foreboding.

He looks further in the distance, and notices a towering castle looming over the land.

Vergil: I'm guessing that's where you are. Heh, way to make things rather straight forward.

He starts walking towards the giant structure, while decapitating two Ursa Majors that were running at him. While strolling through the barren wasteland, he notices a large pool of black liquid. As he gazes at it, Grimm begins to emerge from the liquid, from beowolves, to death stalkers, to bulky beringel.

Vergil: (How disgusting.)

He continues to move towards the tower, when the black pools begin to bubble more. Suddenly, a giant Grimm erupts from the liquid, roaring and causing a wide tremor.

 Suddenly, a giant Grimm erupts from the liquid, roaring and causing a wide tremor

The Wyvern flaps it's wings, and rises into the air when it spots Vergil. It roars again, and launches a wave of black fire at him. Sidestepping the attack, Vergil rockets upwards after the corrupt dragon, and slashes downward on its head, leaving a large gash on its armored skull. Bellowing in what was either rage or pain, it uses it's wings to move back away from Vergil, and a viscous tar-like liquid dribbles from its belly, dropping onto the ground. The next moment, lesser Grimm are spawned from where the liquid dropped. A few beowolf alphas are spawned from the liquid the Wyvern dropped, and they snarl at Vergil as their eyes glow red. Groaning in irritation, he rubs his neck.

Vergil: I don't have time for games.

Pulling his Devil Trigger, he runs right through the alphas and, with Force Edge, launches a large black shockwave at the Wyvern. It gets knocked out of the sky and crashes into the ground, the impact making an earthquake.

Vergil: (Tch, that's going to alarm them. Need to get past their defenses.)

After crushing the dragon Grimm's skull with a Lunar Phase 2, Vergil runs towards the castle, Yamato back in his grip.