DxD 8 Pt. 1

On the other side of the portal, the group find themselves in front of the school, which is now surrounded by a large barrier, courtesy of the student council of Kuoh. Sona soon joins them as she helps keep the barrier up.

Sona: We've covered the entire school with a protective barrier. If nothing drastic happens, it should keep anything within it from getting damaged.

Rias bows her head gratefully towards Sona.

Rias: Thank you, Sona, this means so much.

Sona: Understand that this will only work if conditions remain the same.

Rias: Got it.

A magic circle appears behind them, and Tsubaki appears in it's place.

Vergil: Good to see you, Tsubaki. Is Irina alright?

While walking towards them, Sona's queen nods.

Tsubaki: Her condition isn't life-threatening. She'll be alright, thanks to Asia.

Asia: What a relief.

Issei: I wonder where Xenovia is...is she even gonna come at all?

Saji, while helping with the barrier, turns his head to the ORC.

Saji: Have you heard anything from Kiba?

Vergil: Nothing but radio silence on his end.

Issei: We know he'll be here though.

Koneko: Right.

Sona: I'll stay here to help keep the shields up, but I can't guarantee I can stop the school from collapsing.

Rias: I will not allow that to happen.

Sona: Rias, it's not too late. You can still contact your brother.

Shaking her head, Rias smiles.

Rias: You know what I don't see? You trying to contact your big sister.

Sona: With good reason, too. Sirzechs loves you. You know he would want to assist us. There's no doubt that as soon as you'd call him, he'll be here. So, call him.

Akeno steps forward with her arms folded.

Akeno: There's no need. I've already contacted Sirzechs.

Rias turns to her queen with a stern gaze.

Rias: How could you do that without asking me first?

Akeno: Rias, I understand that you don't want us to bother your brother unless we absolutely have to, but our enemy is a leader class fallen angel. He's not someone you could take on your own.

Akeno softens her expression while hugging Vergil's arm.

Akeno: So I think this qualifies as a must.

Rias stares at her for a moment before sighing.

Rias: Fine...

Akeno: I thank you for your consideration, President. Sirzechs is on his way. I believe his forces should arrive in about an hour.

Rias: Good grief, girl. I just can't win against you, can I?

She turns back to the school with a smile.

Rias: Should be a fun hour.

While resting a hand around Akeno's shoulders, Vergil turns his head to Issei.

Vergil: Well, Issei. Here's your opportunity to prove yourself as the next host of the Red Dragon Emperor.

Issei salutes him.