After she was situated, I got into the drivers seat and started driving with the radio playing lowly.

Only a few minutes from her house, Dahlia suddenly piped up. "Oo mama, that's Roby!" I raised my eyebrows and turned the radio up slightly and, in fact, it was her song. "Loooove on my braaaain." She sung out and I looked in the mirror with a laugh as she swayed in her car seat, eyes closed.

She looked just like Robyn would when performing this damn song. I turned it up a little more.

When I pulled it it the driveway, I saw Robyn climbing out of her car with bags of groceries. Her eyes moved to us and I saw a smile pull at her lips, the music still up, Dahlia still singing.

I rolled the back window down when we pulled up beside her. "Wooow." She leaned against the back door and reached in to grab Dahlia's hand. "You sing it better than I ever have, princess."

"Thank you." Dahlia replied with a wide smile. "I missed you. Why I don't see you?" I turned the car off and paused for a second when Robyn fell silent. Shit, I don't know how I'd respond to that either.

"I missed you too, Lia and.. I promise we'll start seeing each other again." I hummed to myself before pushing the car door open and grabbing one of the bags from her hand. "I can carry it."

I gave her a look while grabbing the other one. "I'm sure you can." Her head tilted when I winked. "We may be broken up, but I'm still Y/n." She rolled her eyes her but I saw the smile that twitched at the corner of her lips. "Grab Dahlia for me, please." I said over my shoulder while starting to the house.

Before I could open it, the door pulled open and Monica stood on the other side. Shit..

I subconsciously stood up a bit straighter and smiled. "Hey ma.. uh.. Monica? I.." She pushed the door open and shook her head.

"You don't have to stop calling me mom, Y/n. Come here." I breathed out in relief and quickly sat the bags down before accepting her hug. "How are you, hun?"

"Been better but I'm good, thank you." She pulled back and rubbed my shoulders before letting me grab the bags again. "Makes sense now. I just know you made her go grab some red beans."

"I did. Can't believe you've survived in this house without a meal of beans and rice."

"Wow thanks, mom." Robyn said as she walked in after us, her head nodding to the kitchen. "Drop it off, I'll go get the twins."

I nodded and set the bags down and stood there for a moment. It felt weird being in here. It's been a month of living in a different bed. I've lived in this house for nearly four years.. and one month took all that comfort away. Crazy.

"So, what's been going on, Y/nn? Anything special?" Minus the papers in my backpack? I kept that from Monica and shrugged.

"Nothing much, just working. You know me." She hummed with a nod. "I miss your cooking though. Any chance I can swing by and grab some fish cakes from you?" Her eyes squinted so I pouted and held my hands in a prayer. "Pretty please?"

"You're lucky I still like you." I smiled and dropped my hands. "You can thank Robyn for that."

Huh? "What do you mean?" I asked but she looked up just as Rob walked in, Monica walking out. "What does she mean?"