|•|Chapter 5|•|

~•+*Y/N's POV*+•~

      As much as I didn't want to pull away from the hug, I had grown concerned within seconds. I pulled away slightly, shyly reaching for my notepad to write what I had to say. I held up the paper up towards Alastor, I know my worry was currently visible.

      'Alastor, you smell like blood! Are you injured?' Fear that I wrote something wrong coursed through me when I saw Alastor's grin drop for a moment then return within moments.

      "I am not wounded in anyway, my dear! I must smell like blood due to the raw meat I handled before you had arrived! Apologies if I concerned you, dear {Y/N}.." After he had finished speaking, I let out a sigh of relief. Although, I didn't show my slight confusion. Why would the torso part of his clothes smell like blood if he were using his hands to handle raw meat?

      I had wondered off in my thoughts that I hadn't even noticed Alastor's face was directly across from mine. He had a raised brow.

      "{Y/N}..? Do come back down to Earth! I do not want you to drift away from me, my dear!" He took a strand of my {H/C} hair and moved it behind my ear with ease. Alastor then chuckled as he stood and walked to my side, placing a hand on my lower back and began to lead me towards the stairs. "It is time we continue our work for the radios, darling~! I hope you are ready to do so?" I nodded quickly with a grin, taking a seat upon the chair Alastor had offered me earlier. Alastor set down another small stack of paper in front of me, then took a seat in front of his microphone.

    Alastor then questioned me. "You remember what to do, correct, my dear?" I gave a thumbs up as I tidied the stack. "Wonderful! I shall be going on air now!"

   Time was going by quickly, too quickly. It was a joy hearing Alastor entertain those that listened! He even gave out the news of what's happening during present time. Of course, the news contained details about how some of the victims of murder had been killed, and how it's difficult to find a pattern. Rather than being frightened by this news, I found it rather intriguing! Especially the fact that there were so many murders. I'd expect half of them to be a singular person's doing! Not all of them. So that must mean there's two out there.. I'm already worried for Alastor's well-being, I'm afraid to say.

      "We are finally finished for the day, my dear {Y/N}! I hope this didn't take too long for your liking!" Alastor stood up swiftly, soon standing in front of me. I silently giggled as I wrote down what I had to say, reached up to give it to Alastor.

      'No, it was quite perfect timing! I enjoyed the time used up for this!' Alastor chuckled as he gave me back the notepad. He then tapped his chin, drifting off in thought. He then cleared his throat, his signature grin wobbling slightly.

|¥|Alastor's POV|¥|

      I was a bit nervous to ask {Y/N} the question I had for her. It was odd. Normally I could ask a question as easily as saying hello! I let out a long sigh as I looked into the beautiful {E/C} orbs of which belonged to {Y/N} herself! Sometimes, I quite loathed humane emotions and such. After a moment or two, I had finally worked up the courage. It was rare I had to do such a thing.

      "{Y/N}, dear? Would you like to accompany me to dinner this fine evening..?" I looked down at her nervously, it was a bit difficult to hide such an emotion. Smiled could only go so far. The nervousness only increased to when I saw {Y/N} write in the notepad.

      'Of course, Alastor! But as a date or..?' I once again, cleared my throat.

      "Yes, a date! If that is quite alright with you..?" {Y/N} nodded quickly, a bright grin being painted across those rosy lips. She truly is such a gorgeous woman.

      "Wonderful! Shall I take you to dinner now, my dear..?" {Y/N} nodded again, standing up with ease and smoothing out her dress. I offered out my arm, my grin wider now that she had accepted my offer. She wrapped her smaller arm around mine, and so I lead her out the house, our conversation consisting of current events and things we both enjoy. I raised a brow when I noticed {Y/N} shake her hand around with a pained expression. My, what was I thinking?! All that writing today must've hurt her wrist considering all this conversing is quite new to her! What was I even thinking? Hurting my dear {Y/N} like this?

   "My dear..? How about you take a break from writing. I do not wish any more harm to you, darling.." I let out a short sigh when I saw {Y/N} look up at me with adorable confusion. I gently lifted up her right/left hand and took the pen, setting it in my vest pocket. {Y/N} hesitantly set her notepad in her purse with a slow, understanding nod.

    She wrapped her arms around mine as done earlier as I continued walking her down the busy streets. So many people out and about this fine evening! As the walk continued, I was displeased to see a man a bit shorter than me approach {Y/N}. But I couldn't act out so soon. I will if I think it best. But I could tell me brows arched slightly when I heard the man speak to {Y/N}.

    "Why, hello there, little lady. You are an angel, arentcha..?" He set his finger under {Y/N's} chin and lifted her head up so she could look at him. Her small smile had turned to a slightly frown with frightened eyes. She really didn't like when people touched her. I quickly butted in.
"Hello, my dear fellow! We would much appreciate if you removed your hands this instant.." Usually, my murderous glare did the trick. And it did. A satisfied sigh left my lungs once I saw the stranger remove his hands from my dear {Y/N}. "Now, what is your name sir?" I asked energetically. Get him to think of me as an acquaintance, get familiar with what his usual daily routine, choose the perfect slot of time, and strike. The woods is a lovely hiding spot. I hadn't even notice my grin had grown with these thoughts! But my eyes narrows when I heard the man respond to my question.

   "I uh- Bastion is my name, sir. What is your name and the lovely lady's name..?" He was clearly uncomfortable after the tone I had given him not too long ago. And the murderous stare. I looked over at {Y/N}, she looked at me, not reaching for her notepad. I'm assuming she wished for me to answer for her. I have no issue for doing such a thing for my darling {Y/N}!

    "The name's Alastor, Bastion! And my darling here is {Y/N}! Although.. we do not enjoy it when someone touches us."

    "You mean like this?" My grin dropped when he reached for {Y/N} again. And my hand seemed to have a mind of its own..

1251 Words! Hope you enjoyed!

~•+*Midnight 🌙🖤*+•~