~{Chapter 4}~

|•|Alastor's POV|•|

      I raised a brow, but let my signature grin remain once I saw {Y/N} freeze as a reaction to my question. Now curiosity had bubbled up. My head tilted slightly as I watched her reach for her notepad I had bought her, her graceful fingers dragging the pen across the lined paper with hesitance. Finally, {Y/N} slowly slid over the notepad, quickly going back to her drawing.

      'Not many people, really! Just you mainly.' So, I had no one to worry about ruining my plans? Wonderful! But of course, I wouldn't force such a desire on a lovely lady such as {Y/N}.
"My dear, doesn't it seem at least a bit lonely throughout the day..? Oh my, you worry me, dear {Y/N}!" I chuckled lowly as I reached for the tea, taking a swig before setting it back down with ease. What I said was true. My dear {Y/N} really did worry me. Well what I said was partially true. This didn't worry me one bit. As a matter of fact, I was rather relieved by her answer! No one could steal her away from me.. Ah, I was so lost in my thoughts I hadn't even noticed my darling had passed me her next response! I gently slid the notepad further towards me as I glanced down to read it.

      'It does get lonely often, sadly. But I manage. I have art by my side! And I apologize kindly if I worry you, I do not mean to, Alastor!' I side glanced towards {Y/N} to see her looking at me with an apologizing pout. I again chuckled, standing with her notepad. Once I was beside {Y/N}, I kneeled down in front of her, setting down the book full of note paper upon my dining table, then softly took {Y/N's} small hand in my two larger hands.

     "{Y/N}, darling~. You have no need to be apologetic of my worry! It only shows how greatly I care for such a breath taking woman such as yourself! My dear, it is an honor to worry for someone as kind and gorgeous as you~." {Y/N} had a visible blush upon her face, her shyness being the dominant emotion and body language. My smirk only grew. Although my sins have proved me quite cunning and manipulative in a way, I would rarely use such a trick on {Y/N}. But words were nothing but of truth!

|~|Third POV|~|

      {Y/N} shyly looked down at Alastor, face quickly warming up with the sudden blood rushing to her cheeks. If she were comfortable enough to speak, her words would be everywhere, more chaotic than if she were to speak as she normally would when alone. But she knew Alastor had assumed her mute. Earlier, he questioned and she had answered with the so called 'fact' she were mute.

      Alastor's smirk grew as he stood, delicately pulling {Y/N} up from her seat. He lead her to the record player, choosing a certain record and putting it in place. He then spoke energetically, holding his hand out to {Y/N}.

      "Will you gift me with the pleasure of dancing with you, my dear..?" The {H/C} haired woman had a smile that came with a blush as she set her hand in Alastor's, the smile growing as he quickly pulled her in towards his chest. Alastor gently reached {Y/N's} hand to his left shoulder, letting it rest there as he held her other hand, then placed his other hand on the woman's waist. Although this was new to {Y/N}, she didn't mind for some odd reason.

      As the music sent its wonderful tune throughout the room, the two twirled and stepped from place to place in perfect sync, wide grins of true emotions plastered upon their faces.

      "My, you are a wonderful dancer, my dear! You're full of great surprises!" Alastor exclaimed, spinning {Y/N} then doing a dip with her. The charming man felt satisfied seeing the woman's joyed expression and movement. He lifted her back up with ease, to him, she felt like a feather! Alastor let out a long happy sigh, pulling {Y/N} close as the song slowed. "I hope you don't mind, darling~." {Y/N} shook her head as she wrapped her arms around Alastor's neck, both of Alastor's hands wrapping around her waist. The two slowed danced with soft smiles, for some odd, yet unknown reason, this felt natural to them. Normal.

      Much to {Y/N's} and Alastor's unsaid dismay, the song came to an end. The blushing woman pulled away slowly, smiling up at Alastor. The brown eyed male set a hand on {Y/N's} shoulder to lead her back to the dining table.

      "I adored dancing with you, my dear {Y/N}! I hope to do so again with you soon." Alastor spoke, handing the said woman her new notepad and pen. {Y/N} nodded up at him in thanks as she wrote upon a page, holding it up to Alastor within seconds.

      'I hope so as well, Alastor! I had a joyful time doing that!' After she were sure her new friend had read what she wrote, she wrote something again, set the pen down, then stared at the paper, nibbling on her bottom lip. Alastor noticed this and remembered what he had noted.

      "What is it you think of, darling..?" He bent down to slightly match {Y/N's} height, using his pointer finger to pull down the notepad so he could see.

      'May I give you a hug? I understand if you don't want me to!' Alastor froze. He wasn't one to like when people touched him, even those he was close to. But he was curious. What was it like for someone as sweet as {Y/N} to hold him in her arms. It had been a while since he allowed someone to hold him. Only his mother was allowed to touch him anyway she'd like, he was a mama's boy after all. But he hadn't felt such affection ever since his mother had passed away. For some odd reason, he suddenly felt eager to be held again in the arms of someone so very kind.

      Alastor let out a sigh as he smiled down at her softly after he had stood back up. "Of course you may, my dear." He awkwardly opened his arms, it truly had been quite a while. {Y/N} happily rushed over and wrapped her arms around Alastor's torso. Alastor slowly wrapped his arms around {Y/N's} neck, bending down to bury his face in her neck. She had the scent of flowers. Oh, what a lovely smell that was. And the way she held him, it reminded him so much of his mother. So much to the point he didn't want her to let go.

      {Y/N} had no such desire of releasing Alastor, and he smelt of vanilla now that his cologne had worn away. But she was confused when the faint scent of copper filled her nostrils. It confused her a bit. Was it maybe.. blood..?

1193 Words! Sorry it was shorter, but I hope you enjoyed!

~Midnight 🌙🖤🤍