|[5]|Chapter 15|[5]|

~•+*{Y/N's POV}*+•~

      "You see, my doe.. I.. I was doing something. And it was a priority. But I need you to never speak of this. To anyone." He finished the last part coldly, sending chills through my skin as my eyes widened. He was admitting to something. But to what? I rushed for my notepad and pen, going to ask a question, but they were snatched away by Alastor, his eyes staring down at me.
      "Nothing about it can be written down, {Y/N}." Fear went through me once I heard him say my name in such a way. I watched, frozen as he went through the papers and took out the most recent ones about this conversation. He reached in his pocket and took out a box of matches, lighting it and then transferring the flames to the paper.
      "There must be nothing left behind, my doe. You must understand that." I did understand that. But right now, I don't understand why he's doing this. It's as if he committed a crime.

      A crime...

      What if.. he's the other killer..? I couldn't move. Not one little bit. I couldn't lift a finger as I watched the terrifying man hold the paper until it turned to ashes, just a pile of ashes. He carefully scooped the remains into his hand, going outside quickly to blow the ashes away. I wasn't sure what to do. I was stunned. Shocked. Terrified. I wasn't going to leave him. But right now, I didn't know what to say or think of.
      Alastor returned, heading to the kitchen and wetting a cloth, dabbing away the remaining ashes and going to wash it down the sink. Soon enough, he had sat back down, reaching for my hand. I didn't budge as he picked up my hand gently, giving the back of my hand a gentle kiss.
      "You are aware that I'd never hurt you, right, my doe..?" I finally looked into his eyes. They looked as if they were glowing red. I let in a shaky breath as his other hand went to cup my cheek, his thumb rubbing against it ever so softly.
      He's never hurt me. Never physically or emotionally. But.. it was like he was trying to hunt he hurts others. Worse, maybe. And that's when I started to understand. He truly was the other killer. He did so well hiding it up until now. I barely even thought of him being the other murderer. I glanced up at him. And nodded my head.
      A genuine smile came to Alastor's lips. But his eyes showed something dark, cold, murderous. Yet, if you looked closely enough, you could see a more humane emotion hiding. I just couldn't tell which one. A question came to mind, but he still had my notepad. I couldn't talk. Not yet. I couldn't expose myself. Not. Yet.
      I pointed towards the notepad, closing my eyes nervously. I'm scared of myself. How am I like this? But when I go to take a life, I'm someone entirely different. It felt like I really couldn't talk when I was like this. What was strange was that this is my personality. Who I am. But the other side of me, is also who I am.

|[6]|Alastor's POV|[6]|

      I was scared. What if she was planning to leave me? I could tell from the expression on her face she realized what I was hinting. What was the point of hiding it from her? It was getting irritably difficult to hide the truth. She pointed towards the notepad after nodding, and without hesitation, I did as she asked, giving her the notepad. {Y/N} grabbed her pen, shakily writing what she had to say.
      'Who did you hurt?' I looked back down into her eyes.
      "The man who runs the flower shop. More like ran. He had it coming, my doe." I wasn't going to hold it back no more. She knows the truth, and I will speak to her like she does. A sickly grin came to my face.
      'Why? He didn't do anything wrong, right?' Tears were coming to her eyes as she showed me the notepad. I couldn't tell if she was scared, sad, angry, or all of those. I hurriedly set her on my lap, holding her close as she cried, whispering my answer into her ear.
      "He hurt you. He hurt the most precious thing to me. He had to pay the price, {Y/N}. I need you to realize this." She gripped my shirt, nodding slowly. Showing she understood. I held her for a few more moments before pulling away slightly, tilting her head to look up towards me.