Resentment| 12

Nalani had fallen asleep against Yun's chest, but Yun was still up

Nalani had fallen asleep against Yun's chest, but Yun was still up. She had forgotten all about Aya, and it was keeping her on edge. So with that in mind, Yun picked up her phone and called the house phone. Hoping Aya would answer.

"Residental hoe speaking," Aya sweet tone spoke no doubt, smiling on the other end.

"I'm sorry I can't keep my promise, something came up, and I won't be home tonight. Order in, there's enough money in the kitchen draw, and I'll see you in the morning. Remember, I will fucking kill you if any of my shit goes missing. Play with guns, not me." Yun wasn't sure how she felt letting Aya stay in her home by herself. It's not like she couldn't believe Aya, but she couldn't trust anyone she wasn't sure of.

"Yu-Yu, baby, I would never steal from you. I love my new found freedom and wouldn't dream of risking it." Aya made kissing noises into the phone before she hung up.

Yun gritted her teeth as she tried to try and trust Aya. She couldn't trust herself; she believes in people too quickly. Aya was sweet, too sweet if you asked Yun. Aya was convicted of matricide, and she knew what she had to do and say to get off with the shortest sentence. Aya was supposed to be sentenced to twenty years and nine months, but she knew how to play the game and got sentenced to five years instead. So at the age of thirteen, Aya was in Juvie living out her five-year sentence. But Yun could not judge Aya because she didn't know the full story, and she too had tried to kill a parent of hers.

"Whose Aya?" Yun flinched under Nalani as she heard her voice.

Yun wasn't sure if she had to explain herself because she had never done that with anyone other than her father. "Why do you ask?" That wasn't what she wanted to say; she wasn't trying to be evasive.

"Yun, please," Nalani stressed as she looked up at Yun. "I don't like jumping to conclusions and assuming things, but now you're letting my mind wonder."

"She's someone I met a long time ago; she's going to be staying with me." This was the truth but not the whole truth. Yun wasn't sure how Nalani would take an eighteen-year-old felon living with her.

"Clarify, Elaborate, do something because if my mind continues to assume. I'm going to kick you out of my house." Yun could see how her words had come off. Was she acting too complicated right now with Nalani?

"I met Aya back when I was in Juvie; she has no family, so I told her when she gets out that if she ever needed a place to stay, she could stay with me. She just popped up today, fresh and eighteen." Yun stressed the word 'fresh' as she rolled her eyes. Aya was like a guardian child to Yun, but Yun wasn't sure if she was ready to take care of a half legal adult.

"So shes someone you're going to be taking care of?" Nalani asked as she raised her eyebrow in confusion. She was just trying to understand what Yun was saying.

"That, yes, exactly. I'm going to be looking after Aya until she can get back on her feet." Yun sighed as she closed her eyes; maybe letting Aya stay was a bad idea.