Part 19

Manik finally reached to terrace searching for his bestfriend...And what he saw made him smile....She was sitting on the swing with glasses on and laptop on her lap...

Flashback...

It was the day when Nandini and Mukti got their result of second year...Nandini placed first place whereas Mukti was second...Whole Malhotra and Murthy family was happy with their result...They even went to Murthy's Panvel House to celebrate...Everyone was there enjoying...Elders were gossiping, MukBhi were sitting on the couch attending calls of her friends, Manik was sitting alone with the love of his life...of course food....But Nandini was nowhere to be seen....Everyone was too busy to notice except Manik as it was immediately after the shopping incident...

Manik in my mind- Everyone is here..But where is Nandini? It's been half an hour she's not here..I hope she's fine...Par ye ladki ko to problems se pyaar hain na! What if she's in any problem? Par ghar to uska hi hain na...Kiddo is also busy...Uff main hi dhund leta hu...

And he found her sitting in the garden..."So you're here Ms. Murthy!", He asked...

Nandini getting scared of sudden voice replied, "Uff Manik tum...! I got scared..."

Trying to be funny he replied, "Oh you get scared also?"

Nandini rolls her eyes...

" want some?" he asked showing the Rasmalai he was having...

"No thanks..."

"Why so grumpy?" Sitting beside her...

"Kuch nehi..."

"ree you topped yer..Tumhe to khush hona chahiye..Ander everyone is celebrating your success and here you're sitting alone..or bol rahi ho kuch nehi..."

"You won't understand Manik..."

"How'll I understand if you won't say? Haan agar tum nehi bolna chahte to it's okay..! I know we're not that close friends..." said Manik trying to act sad...

"Shut up...You're a very special friend..." slapping his arms...

"To bol na...Why you're not happy?"

"I don't know... I mean I'm happy...It's just I'm too messed up in my mind...I don't know what to say...What I want and what I don't...And I can't say those things to others and hurt them..."

"Sshhsshh Nandini...Stop pressurizing yourself...Puke it out...You can trust me on that...I won't judge you..." said assuring her...

Nandini look at Manik's face for sometime and then look away and then starts speaking, "Manik have you ever felt not satisfied after achieving what you've always wanted?"

"Umm honestly noo... I didn't always got what I've wished for but I was satisfied with whatever I get..."

"Pata hain it's not that I'm a good student or I'm naturally talented...I work for it...I study,I write programs...That's why mujhe acche marks milte hain...And I topped or ye jo bhi ho raha hain...Mom-Dad, Bhai everyone is happy...And that's why even I'm happy...But na mujhe woh peace nehi milta...I do everything to make my family proud of me & somewhere I enjoy doing so...But this is not all I want..." trying to explain the complexity of her mind...

Manik didn't interrupted her ...He was listening carefully whatever she wanted to say...

"Tujhe ek secret bataun?" She again added...

"Yes Yes..."

"Don't say this to anyone...Kisiko nehi pata..." Though she trusted him enough that things are gonna be only between them..