CHAPTER ONE: REUNION

Arya Lannister

I have counted down days during the whole summer. I was so aroused that I examined every obligatory thing for school more than a few times. I have always loved going to school. It always excited me.

I know tomorrow is going to be a different and the fact that only a few hours left made my heart pump faster. Like all those years me and Camila are going to have full blast. This year i am high as kite bait.

I am quite sad that knowing it would be my last year at this heaven. I know I will miss everyone out there especially, Camila. Me and Camila are planning to join in the same college. Only God knows where we will get acceptance.

Getting an admission in a college is quite stressful to high schoolers. I can't imagine a life without Camila. She is like a pillar in my life.

I heard my mother's continuous roars calling me for dinner. It was so unbearable that I at once made a rush to downstairs.

They were already seated and was waiting for me. Ever since I started seating on my own, we have always eaten together on this well designed round table. It has three chairs on each side, all made from a dark wooden. I hated this custom to an extreme end. I pulled out a chair and seated myself.

Without glancing at the plate I can already tell what it is. "Of course, it's Pasta what else it could be," I shot a glance at my mom who is eating the food like she has never eaten it before. I pulled out the fork and start to eat the so-called Pasta.

I wondered if she even knows what my favourite food is. She owns a sweets shop a few blocks away. Her sweets has a great demand in my school and neighbourhood.

The store has every kind of sweets. I rarely go to her shop. Even if I went there she wouldn't acknowledge me. "What a sweet mom, i have"... She is too enthusiastic to prepare all kinds of food to the other people. But, not for me. "I am not paying her, right?."

"Isn't it tomorrow your school starts?" my father asks me while leaning back in his chair.

Thank God he finally realizes i am there.

"Yes". I mumbled under my breath.

I prayed that he wouldn't ask me anymore questions. Unfortunately, luck was not on my side.

"Is Albert 'O' Connell's daughter still your best friend?".

Since my father is working under Camila's father's company, he knows about her .  Everyone in school knows, we are the two bitches who are inseparable and he asks me if we are still best friends. "Hahaha no, we took a friendship break for five months."God, is my parents is living under a rock. Ugh!!!! I can't sit here and listen to their crap.

"Camila....? Yes, dad she is". I replied clearly knowing his intentions.

"Good. We have to host a family dinner for them. How does it sound, Kathryn?".

Naturally, he only cares getting a promotion and his wealth.

"That's a lovely idea, Ray!!. And i have always wanted to ask Lizzie, which parlour she goes to?". Mom exclaimed excitedly.

"Okay dad. I'll ask them". I lied.

I cleared my plates and rose from my seat. I bid Goodnight to my parents and headed to my bedroom. I clearly hate my parents. They don't care a damn thing about me. I am pretty sure I have the worst parents. I wonder if they even truly love each other.

My room was extra spacious, heartlessly plain, fair-sized bed and walls painted with light blue colour. A study desk was placed on the corner of the room and the opposite is my small book stand. Like any teenager out there I like to read. I pulled out the book named ''TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD''. It was given by Camila on my fifteen birthday. Later, which had become my favourite book. After reading this book I decided that I want to become a lawyer. I want to fight against the injustice out there and to bring equality for women. Though the world has changed but, the mindset of the people hasn't completely changed yet.