8. It Comes Slowly But Surely

Theory #400: You know who won the race.

               Taking things too far too soon or jumping to its conclusions are a major drawback of a person.

                 For example, we all want to believe in a fairy tale romance, a relationship with a guy/girl who's come straight out of a book. We jump into that kind of relationship immediately.

               Maybe that person isn't what you've seen all along. A cover made of plastic, lies and probably no mutual feelings.

                Our eyes love to believe what they see. But "the closer you look, the lesser you see".

_________________________________________

C H A P T E R 8

He lead the way and we ended up at an ice cream shop.

It was a cute shop made of glass and steal, surrounded by the views of a harbor on all the sides and the ocean. The view must be breath taking in the evenings.

"An ice cream shop?!" I laughed heartily.

"Well I didn't want to take chances of you throwing food at me that was hot. Cold, I could bear" he explained humorously and I stood there embarrassed like an idiot, "Hot, no just no.", he grimaced and automatically touched the bandage.

"So, shall we?" he asked jerking his head towards a table inside. I grinned and we raced inside.

I texted Adrain for a while, convincing him to stay mum about anything if Dad contacted him.

✉"Ad, pls don't tell my parents about my whereabouts unless I don't text you by 9 pm."✉

It was his idea to take precautions because I was alone with Gayden who even though I knew a lot about was practically a stranger to me.

"Elina, what would you like to order?" Gayden asked, making me look up from my phone.

"Just the usual ", I said absent mindedly and went back to text Adrian about the disastrous way to escape a date.

I felt cold eyes on me and looked up to see Gayden give me the serious look again.

"I don't know your usual." He commented.

"Oh! Sorry, I was just distracted", I fake laughed and kept my phone away. "Vanilla. That's the best. No one can deny a vanilla!"

"Do you always intend your §€xu@L innuendos?", he laughed as he got up to order while I sat there looking like a cherry worth decorating the ice cream with.

Oh my God. I need to stop embarrassing myself in front of this Greek model. Oh my God. Oh my God.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my black dress and hitched my leg over my other.

"So tell me more about yourself, besides the usual color, pet, teachers, food." he said, sipping on his double caramel butterscotch milkshake.

"Um. I am the only child."

"I have a younger brother, go on."

"You have a sister too, right? The one who was sitting beside you in Le Émigré Finne? "

He wrinkled his forehead in confusion and looked thoughtful until his eyes widened in realisation.

"That wasn't my sister, that was my cousin Lillie. She was with her parents and I was with my Grandfather and brother." he laughed.