2. Don't Trust Grand Finales

Theory #231: Expecting something good? Nah.

          People keep expecting a lot. Be it on a Christmas, a birthday or prom. Be it in any kind of relationship, we hope for the best always.

              Sometimes we expect so much that we hang onto that hope even if that's the last thing plausible. It's like it gives that feeling of holding on, never letting it go.

            We might not get what we want most of the time. Sometimes, it's the best; because we never know when we might have something better. Something you deserve.

             Or don't---- but you're still getting it because you're a spoilt brat or insanely blessed.
_________________________________________

C H A P T E R 2

My pink dress shirt was sticking to me like second skin because of the sweat.

Inwardly, I was worried that it smelled bad and hoped that the wetness didn't look too gross near my armpits. My sudden self consciousness was usually my downfall and I wasn't ready for a round three hundred million now.

"So basically you lied to me because this was your surprise?" I asked, sitting opposite to Stefano at our table.

"No", he insisted shaking his head. "My ex really does work here and I really didn't want to meet her."

"Half truth then?" I puckered my lips.

"Just enjoy the surprise, Miss Eli." he said and rolled his eyes exasperated as we sat across each other, not knowing how to proceed on with the date.

Around our table were bouquets of baby pink roses, white lillies and lavender carnation flowers that made me feel like we were sitting in a landscape garden rather than at a dining table.

Stefano's arrangement was very amusing and amazingly thorough. Especially the team of orchestra players that had dedicated a song to me when I entered the restaurant, arms linked with Stefano. Although they had smiled at me a little too creepily.

It was honestly over board, overwhelming and attention seeking for a simple girl like me but I knew not to complain because this wasn't a daily thing. Plus, I did felt special indeed.

Behind my table, to my left was another couple who looked quite jealous of our grand entrance and decorated table. They hadn't done a good job at hiding it with the girl's sneers and the boy's annoyed face.

The girl was absolutely flawless looking with her hair updone teamed with a sparkly red dress and the boy was handsome with his black three piece cutout suit. I had no idea what was to be jealous about us.

I kept turning to look at them to lip read what they were talking about but then decided against it because I didn't want to embarrass myself than I already was.

So instead I took the opportunity to see past Stefano, to what was in his background.

From behind Stefano, sat a very quite prim looking family of maybe six or seven with a noisy brat that was hushed by a family member in turns.

"Dan, shut up and sit straight. This isn't your play room!" I lip read the elderly woman at the table tell the boy.

On the whole, I really was awestruck. It felt so surreal and suddenly I lost my sass and felt shy. And the quite music and warm lighting wasn't helping my blush.

"This is really sweet of you, Stefano".

"Anything for a lovely girl like you", he smiled courteously.