Chapter 13: The Big Bang

"Shikikan got shot down?!" Akagi asks in disbelief.

"Those new planes are like no other!" Shikikan says as he recollects himself and sticks with Shinano. As soon as he reaches the edge of the strip though he collapses, his left knee completely giving out. "GAH!"

"Shikikan!" Shinano shouts as she rushes over to make sure he's all right. She quickly hops onto the deck while still sending out planes, and she quickly hoists Shikikan back up on his good leg, supporting him in the process. "Easy now."

"Whoa! What the hell?!" Naganami shouts as she gets thrown into Ayanami by a wayward blast. That's when a submarine surfaces, one that wears a pair of headphones to keep her long blonde hair in place and what appears to be a scouter over her eye.

"Target hit!" She shouts out.

"Nice shot Albacore!" Yorktown calls out.

"Only expect the best of the Gato class!" Albacore laughs, but then a wayward shot from Atago nearly catches her. "Holy shit! I'm keeping low!" She shouts as she submerges once more.

"Damn, we got a sub out there!" Shikikan grumbles. "Hopefully we got something to deal with her!"

"Worry not, I-19's got a little surprise for that girl." Akagi giggles as an explosion blasts Albacore clear out of the water and leaves her bobbing on the surface open to gunfire.

"What in the world did I hit?!" Albacore grumbles as I-19 also surfaces.

"You like that one?" I-19 giggles. "It's one of my trusty mines that Akagi gave me!"

"Oh I'll show you you cat bitch!" Albacore yells as she begins firing her auxiliary guns and I-19 does the same, engaging in a quick shootout while everyone else continues fighting. That's when Shikikan catches Enterprise radioing someone in for support, and he secretly orders Ayanami to cripple the grey ghost before she can get away. Ayanami only nods in response as she charges forward and just as Enterprise puts her radio away the destroyer cripples her with a mighty slash that forces the carrier onto one knee.

"ARGH!" Enterprise screams out in agony- just as a B-29 is spotted flying towards everyone. Shikikan's blood suddenly runs cold as he sees just what the giant plane is carrying and he turns to Shinano.

"Fuck... The bomb's already gonna drop... I'm not gonna make it am I?" Enterprise grumbles.

"No, you WILL make it!" Yorktown shouts. "Come on!" But before anyone can even begin to evacuate a wild storm of anti air shoots down the heavy bomber and the bomb is prematurely dropped. As quickly as it had dropped everyone was enveloped by a blinding light, followed by a long, cold darkness...

The End...?