Chapter 12: Fallen Grace

With the cleansing ritual completed Akagi and company quickly got ready for battle.

"If we are to perish, we shall die fighting!" Shikikan shouts, rallying the girls. "We will not take death lying down! We will fight til our last breath, no matter what they do to us, WE! WILL! NEVER! SURRENDER!!!" And he is met with a unified battle cry in agreement.

"Shikikan, lead the charge! Lead us!" Akagi shouts out valiantly, and with that the girls all rush out to the waters while Shikikan brings in as many conventional ships as allowed, taking to the seas with a truly massive navy. As he nears the opposition, he realizes and confirms his suspicions as to what the Ironbloods were doing.

"How could you?!" Shikikan shouts. "You were our allies!"

"We were never truly your allies." Bismarck says coldly. "Before you, Akagi came to me for help, she was the one that was on her knees begging. I simply provided protection. And now that you have that monster of a carrier Shinano-"

"She is NOT a monster!" Shikikan yells, cutting Bismarck off. "What happened to our partnership?!"

"Truth be told we wanted Shinano for ourselves but it seemed like you guys saw right through it." Z2 says emotionlessly. "We admit, we tried to convince you to hand her over so we could find out what made her so strong, but you were just too stubborn."

"Oh, painting US as the villain now are you?!" Akagi shouts. "Yeah I fucking dare you to say that to my face!"

"Never would I have allowed myself to fall into your hands so easily." Shinano says softly, but her tone is a fierce one.

"If we can't have her, then nobody can." Tirpitz snarls. "You left us no choice but to side with those whom we thought were our enemies. You've become too powerful."

"We have not become too powerful! You have let yourself slack and fall!" Takao shouts. "It is YOU who has driven yourself into this hole!"

"Ready when you are." Enterprise says to Bismarck.

"Of course." Bismarck replies. "You have the might of three navies against you! I think it's best that you surrender!"

"Holy light, grant me power to smite these japs and send them to whence they came!" Illustrious calls out. "Let it bless our allies and give us the power to destroy them where they stand!"

"All cannons, open fire!" Bismarck and Tirpitz shout, and with that all Eagle Union and Royal Navy ships begin firing a massive salvo, taking out a majority of the conventional ships that the Sakura Empire had ready.

"Quickly retaliate!" Atago and Shikikan call out as a massive war breaks out in the middle of the Atlantic, with both sides struggling for dominance.

"If the prophecies are true... Something dire is about to happen..." Shinano mumbles as she begin sending out her planes.

"Shikikan, need a ride?" Akagi asks.

"I'm more than willing to take to the skies." Shikikan chuckles.

"Shinano, you know what to do!" Akagi calls out.

"Roger." Shinano says as she sends out one of her planes and sends it charging at Shikikan.

"What the... What is he doing?" Enterprise and Bismarck mumble as they witness a plane charging at a cruiser before Shikikan deftly hops into the cockpit and takes control for himself. Shikikan's plane then bursts into blue and red flames for a few seconds before it dissipates.

"We don't have very good anti air, you and the royals will have to take care of their air force!" Bismarck says.

"Roger that, you focus on the ships!" Enterprise replies as she and Yorktown unleash a swarm of planes that the Sakura Empire had not fought against before.

"What the?! What ARE those planes?!" Kaga asks. The planes themselves resemble the hellcats that the Eagle Union favored sending out but these planes are much faster and much tougher.

"It's a good thing we placed those orders for the bearcats." Yorktown chuckles. "That should show them!"

"Shit these guys are good!" Shikikan grumbles as he finds himself tailed by the bearcats. He manages to shoot five of them down before a storm of machine gun fire clips his wings and he crash lands on a Sakura Empire carrier's deck.

"Shikikan! Are you okay?!" Shinano asks.

"I'm fine, but that was our best plane!" Shikikan replies. "This could go bad..."