Arc 3: Chapter 42

Start from the beginning

Elenor clicked her tongue, annoyed by the fact that he was spot on. She slowly got up and lazily looked at him. She crossed her legs and waved her hand.

"So what happened?"

Lloyd began telling her everything that happened. Elenor attentively listened to him, nodding once in a while to show she was still listening to every detail he told her. Alec poured the two of them a cup of tea and stayed in the room, not leaving once.

"Do you like her?" Elenor decided to cut to the chase.

Lloyd smiled and shrugged, "I can't say I don't but it's too early to say,"

Elenor nodded in agreement, "Yes I agree with you. She sounds lovely though."

"She is! I think you will get along with her very well."

"Hm..maybe,"

"It's not, maybe it's definitely!"

Elenor chuckled at Lloyd's positive outlook and nodded. She wasn't quite sure if she truly would be able to get along with her protagonist. A small part of her fears that when she is close to the protagonist, she might put her in danger and get the blame for it.

The world was following the story. Only her and Alec weren't.

Elenor glanced over at Alec. Maybe he will follow the story soon. Maybe the world will force him to follow the story like how she wrote it. And if he soon follows the story once again, she will die in his hands.

But for now there were no signs of him following the story flow and she hopes it stays that way. Alec glanced over at Elenor.

"Is something the matter milady?"

She shook her head, taking a sip of her tea. "Nothing."

This time, she glanced at Lloyd who was drinking his tea. What if he began to distance himself from her once he thinks she could have endangered the protagonist? Elenor didn't know if she could handle that. Not when she finally had another friend in this world.

Elenor rubbed the teacup with her index finger. Perhaps it was the safer option to not become friends with Rosina, the protagonist. She will just watch over them unfold their romance. Just like how she wrote it. She won't disturb them and only look from a safe distance.

"Alec," Elenor called out, placing her cup down.

Alec poured more tea into it before responding to her, "Yes milady."

"Could you please leave the room? I need to discuss something with Lloyd. Privately."

Alec briefly glanced over at Lloyd before turning his attention back at Elenor. He nodded and bowed.

"Very well. Please excuse me." Alec proceeded to leave the room, not forgetting to glance at Elenor one last time before shutting the door shut.

"What's so important that you needed to kick your own butler out?" Lloyd asked, amused at this new development.

She rolled her eyes before speaking. "Is it possible for a fallen household to get back up?"

Lloyd tilt his head to the side, confused by her question.

"A baron's household. If there is a real legitimate heir for it, can they take back everything that was theirs?"

Lloyd paused and thought about her question before slowly nodding. "Certainly it is possible...though it will be a bit tricky to be successful like previously."

Elenor nodded at his answer, her mood lifting up more. "I see, that's good."

Lloyd narrows his eyes, "Why are you suddenly asking? Did you find a legitimate heir for a household?"