PT.3 C H A P T E R ELEVEN

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." I mumbled and looked over it with wide eyes. My first sight was the chocolate covered strawberries and that was enough to have me hooked.

The other person in the car walked out with a box as well but as soon as she drew closer, I could smell it. "Oh my goodness, you're Rihanna." The girl mumbled before smiling nervously. "Would you like me to set this inside?"

"Sure. Just follow the flowers." I said and leaned against the pillar while looking over at Melissa who was smirking at me already. "Stop giving me that look."

"What look?" I stared at her through the side of my eye before thanking the man (and lady) as they walked out. We walked into the house and I shook my head, my kitchen suddenly a garden. "Well, she does know how to give a gift huh?"

Sure, a 'gift.' If she thought this was her way of buying back into my heart, she'd be sorely mistaken. I was stronger than that shit. I'm offended she'd even think that..

Mel went right for the food but I sat the fruit arrangement on the table and pulled the little white slip off of the top of the stem.

I saw Y/n's handwriting and titled my head with a sarcastic hum. Let's see what begging she did today..

Happy Valentine's Day, I told you I'd get you something didn't I? And no, this isn't me buying my way back into your heart, I'm just showing my appreciation. I'm not expecting a call or a text, just enjoy it. The big ass teddy bear is for Anani, tell my babygirl I love her and happy Valentine's Day as well. The french fries in the box and teddy with the bandana is for Remi.

With love, Y/n

I slowly lowered the card with furrowed eyebrows. Well shit..

"If you don't come eat this shit, Robyn." I looked up with a small smile and moved over to her, my eyebrows raising in shock at the platter. "You can't lie and say she don't know you." I hummed sarcastically before grabbing a fork and scooping some of the curry chicken and rice.

Oh I'm in heaven.

I dropped my hand and shook my head with a groan. "Where does she even find these places?"

"I don't know but remind me to thank her." I gave her a look and she looked away with pursed lips. "I said what I said."

"You was just talking about bussing her knee caps and now you wanna thank her for some food?" I pointed the fork at her. "You should be ashamed of yourself." I said.. then scooped some more of the food.

"Bitch you like it. You can't say you don't." I looked around the kitchen again and shrugged. "At least she trying. That's more than I can say for a lotta your exes. No offense... actually? All offense, fuck that."

I silently kept eating. Yes she was trying but what was she trying for? There was a reason she had to try. She did the one thing I made her swear not to do.

That wasn't something some flowers and food could take away. I'm thankful but I'm still hurt. And I wasn't sure when or if that hurt would go away enough for me to face her again.

Happy fucking Valentine's Day, right? The day of love..

-

The next day

"What's one thing you miss the most?"

"About Y/n?" I questioned and Lisa nodded. I leaned back and smirked at the second thing that popped it my mind. Though.. I don't think it was appropriate to say so ima just stick with the first thing that popped in my mind. "Probably the security I felt."