Chapter 26

Clays P.O.V
..~..~..~..~..~

I walk quietly down the sidewalk, staring at my feet and pulling my hood over my head. I can't get the look George gave me out of my head. The look of heartbreak and sadness..

I don't want him to feel like that. I want him to be happy.. I should've been better.. I should've been there for him..

I sigh and shake my head,

He was the one good thing I had.. and I screwed it up. I'm a damn screw up..

I see a pine cone yeet itself across the street and look up, dropping my jaw and pulling my hood off my head.

"George?"

George looks up at me with a confused face and drops the leaf he was crumpling in his hand.

"Clay?"

I slowly cross the street and walk over to him, standing a few feet away. An awkward silence fills the open area around us before I finally say,

"I'm sorry George.."

Hey crosses his arms and holds the sleeves of his hoodie tightly, clearly trying not to cry.

"I'm sorry too.."

I turn to him, confused,

"Why the hell are you sorry? You didn't do anything wrong-"

"I'm sorry for not being enough.."

My hear DROPS the the ground..

"George.."

I whisper, inching closer to him.

Nows my chance to calmly explain everything to him..

"I made a mistake Georgy.. I know I hurt you.. I know I should've been better.. I know.."

I pause for a moment before booking my finger under his chin and pulling his face up to meet mine, a tear falling from my eye.

"But I love you.. you're the one I want.. you're the one I'll do anything for.."

I see his eyes get teary and he bites his lip,

"How do I know you won't hurt me again?"

He whispers, pulling his face away from my hand.

"Because if I lose you, I lose myself. There's nothing left for me in this world without you.."

George smiles softly and turns to me, wiping the tear off my face and resting his warm hand on my cheek.

"I believe you."

Was all he said before gently pushing his lips on mine, kissing me softly. The kiss is full of love, tears, and pain, instead of the usual rough, lusty kisses.

After a minute, he pulls away to breath and rests his forehead on my shoulder, breathing deeply and wrapping his arms around my waist. I hug him back and bury my head in his soft hair, breathing in his sweet scent and calming myself down.

I did it.. I convinced him..

I smile against his head and squeeze him between my arms, his small body fitting perfectly against my own.

((Not my art or story but this is pretty much how they look rn 🥺))

"George.. do you maybe want to spend the night at my house? I don't want to be away from you.."

George smiles and nods his head, refusing to release me from his tight grip.

"I'd love that"

He whispers, his voice sounding sleepy and worn out.

I'm sure he didn't sleep well last night..

Ayyyyy our boys made up! Took them long enough to get here am I right??? Like what, 25 fucking chapters of TORTURE.
short chapter blah blah blah ILL MAKE IT UP TO YOU IN THE NEXT CHAPTER- if you know what I mean 😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏
Alright alright I'm done. Peace out guys ✌️
Word count-576