Chapter 18

No ones P.O.V
..~..~..~..~..~..~

Clay wakes up with a long yawn and looks at the sleeping boy next to him. He reaches over George and grabs his phone off the nightstand, looking at the time.

5:02 am

He rubs his face and and pushes the blankets off of him trying to keep quiet and not wake George up. He stands up and grabs his scattered clothes from around the bedroom, putting them on. His phone dings and lights up the dark room.

Mom- headed out again. See you in two weeks.

He stares at the message and sits on the bed.

I wonder if she realizes I'm not even home right now

He looks behind him at George and pulls the blankets over his exposed shoulders.

I'll wake him up in a little bit. After last night I'd say he definitely needs his sleep

He chuckles to himself at that last bit and runs a hand through his dirty blond hair.

I wonder if he'd get mad if I went downstairs to get a drink..

He shrugs and walks over to the bedroom door, pulling it open slightly and peeking out into the dark hallway. He steps out and finds his way to the stairs.

I really hope these stairs are quiet

The second he steps on the stair it creaks.

"Shit-"

He mumbles under his breath, removing his foot from the stair and trying the next one.

Creak

So this is how it's gonna be huh? Screw you stairs

He walks down the stairs quickly and winces as every single one creaks so loud the neighbors probably heard it.

As he reaches the bottom level of the house he lets out a breath of relief. He makes his way to the kitchen and searches through the cabinets until he finds the one with cups, taking one out and filling it up with sink water. (Who uses sink water🤢)

He takes a drink and leans against the kitchen counter.

I need to break up with Alyssa today.. 

He sighs and runs his hand over his face.

Is George worth it? I mean, I've known him for like 5 days. I've never even talked to him until that tutoring session. Plus, I'm only gay when it comes to him. Alyssas known me since I was 14, and we've dated for three years. We were gonna be one of those couples who make it through high school. Then once the school reunion finally takes place we'd be the most popular couple there, maybe even have a few kids or something. 

He takes a deep breath and sips on his water.

But I've never been as happy as I am with George with Alyssa. George listens to me, he understands me, he's just adorable in every way. Alyssa only talks to me when she complains about losing one Instagram follower.

He chuckles and groans onto his hand.

This choice shouldn't be difficult. I need to give one of them myself entirely and let the other go. I know who it has to be..

He hears a sound behind him and turns around.

"Clay?"

He whips around and nearly spills his water.

"you scared the shit out of me"