12: All I Want

George

The following day I felt as light as a feather. It started as if I were walking on air, dragging a sleepy Darryl beside me as we headed to the the dining hall.

"Mm, George, why did you have to wake me up for this?" He whined, deciding to slump against my shoulder as we walked. I laughed slightly, avoiding bobbing as much as I could. I knew he definitely didn't feel great this morning, considering the events of last night. Nonetheless, I wanted to try and give him a good day.

"Because, some hot, fresh cafeteria food should really help you!" I grinned, wrapping an arm over his shoulder supportively. He gave a half-hearted laugh before we lapped into silence.

I wasn't exactly sure what to say, it was worrying seeing my closest friend, who was originally so happy-go-lucky, be so... sad. And I didn't even know why.

"So, do you want to do anything today? Like, go get ice cream? I could get you a big 3 scoop chocolate waffle cone." He shrugged, which caused me to fall into an even deeper state of worry. He'd never turn down an ice cream trip, even going when he had a nasty cold. "Okay then, we can always just hang out in the dorm. Do you want to invite anyone? Zak?"

He seemed to shift slightly at the mention of his other friend, his back straightening every so slightly from the slouch that was visible. It allowed me to relax in the smallest bit.

"I'd like that very much." He mumbled, standing up more so he was walking on his own. I'm surprised that I was even to hold up the small bit of weight he put onto me, considering his stronger build compared to my short frame.

Once we'd arrived at the dining hall, we swiped our cards before I forced a protesting Darryl into a table, refusing to allow him to get his own food. With my single 15 minutes of research last night, I went and grabbed some eggs, oranges, and a toasted bagel to spice it up.

"Here, just eat as much as you can." I gave a small smile, seeing the way he pulled his sweatshirt closer around his body.

"Thanks, Georgie. I really appreciate it." He reached forward and began to lightly pick at it, popping bits in every so often. It gave me a small satisfaction to know that he was at least still able to care for himself.

I felt a buzz in my pocket, pulling it out to an iMessage notification.

----------------------------

Clay

gm :)

8:47 am

Gogy

Mornin'

8:47 am

Clay

how are you?

8:49 am

Gogy

Good, you?

8:49 am

Clay

i'm feeling fine

how's bad?

8:49 am

Gogy

I got him out of bed to eat something.

Do you know if Zak's free?