9: Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do?

tw: there will be mention of  drug usage in this chapter!

-------------------------------------

George

I trembled slightly, wrapping an extra coat around my already growing layers of a long sleeve and thick sweatshirt. The weather had decided to dip and become absolutely frigid that Friday night, standing outside of a frat house.

It was the same one he had oh-so gracefully visited the previous weekend.

Thankfully, I wasn't the only one here. Darryl had an arm protectively wrapped over my shoulder, his other hand knocking on the door. It didn't take long before a bubbly looking guy opened, grinning widely at us two. "Hey Karl! I didn't think you'd show up, wasn't there some big project you had due tonight?"

"Nick wouldn't stop pestering me." He sighed, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly. 

"Karl! Who is it?" A loud voice shouted as it rounded the corner, the familiar jubilant expression of Nick as he bounced over. He grinned, waving. "Bad! George! I didn't think- wait, George?" He stopped, looking down at me in confusion.

I looked at Darryl nervous, giving a small wave. "Hi?"

He tilted his head, before shrugging. "I didn't know you were coming, I hope we'd brought enough drinks for an extra person then."

I widened my eyes slightly before waving my hand quickly. "Oh, no no no, I really don't want to drink this time."

"Aw, alright then. You do you, bud." He grinned, hooking his arm with Karl's, dragging the pair into the living room, Darryl and I close behind.

I was met with quite a large group of people, most of which I had no clue who they were. The only faces I recognized were this one guy who I'd seen with Darryl on multiple occasions, Nick, and... Clay. When I met his eyes, he was looking at me with a grin. A large, charming, beautiful grin that caused me to subconsciously lean into Darryl's side. He seemed to notice, giving me a worried smile before following my gaze over to Clay. His mouth turned into a small 'o', wrapping an arm around me and guiding me to a couch. I'd managed to painfully tear my eyes away from his gorgeous sight, taking a seat beside Darryl, already burying myself into the plushness that was a frat house couch. 

"Everyone, this is George! He's Darryl's roommate and a good friend of mine, so be nice to him!" Nick came up from behind, ruffling my hair. I whined slightly before looking around at everyone's eyes, sheepishly waving to the group. It didn't take long for everyone to begin talking and being loud, the blast of music from behind. This felt like the party I had been at before, but more toned back. This was how they normally hung out together? I didn't know how well I'd be able to handle this group.

Darryl shifted slightly as that one guy I'd seen him hang out with came over. "George, this is Zak! Zak, George." He gestured between the two. I nodded in response, holding out a hand, Zak using his own to shake.

"I'm surprised we haven't met sooner, I see you around our room a lot." I laughed, not catching on to way the pairs faces tinted a pinker color. They had both begun to start their own conversation, so I took this time to look around at the rest of the strangers spending their time comfortably.

There was a group in the corner, looking younger, most likely freshman. They were talkin incoherently, smoke blowing from their noses from the glowing sticks in their hands. Didn't take a genius to know what that was. They were new to college and would learn soon enough that parties wouldn't help you academically or physically.

I shifted my eyes to Nick and two others, the Karl guy and some other, older looking man. I assumed he was in a higher year.

Then, I looked over to the one thing I was really saving, Clay. He was looking at his phone, sipping a beer from a can. I peered over to Darryl, still deeply invested in whatever he and Zak were talking about. Obviously Nick was occupied. So, doing the only logical, and, decidedly dumb, thing I could do, I walked over to Clay.