Chapter 9

Ringing... "Astrid?" Hiccup's voice from the other end of the cell. "Hey. I didn't wake you, did I?" Astrid asked. "Definitely not, it's 2 am. Who would sleep before 2 am?" Hiccup said sarcastically and yawned. "Sorry, couldn't keep it till morning. I talked to Zephyr and asked her if she'd like to meet you." Astrid said. "Yeah..." Hiccup said. "She agreed." Astrid said. "You sure?" Hiccup asked. "Of course. You...having second thoughts?" Astrid asked. "Of course not. It's just why'd she just agree this soon? I mean she never me around and probably thinks I left her, it's strange." Hiccup said. "You'll never stop overthinking, will you? It's going to be fine." Astrid said. "I hope you're right." Hiccup said. "Anyways I think I should go and get some sleep, so do you. I start my first day of work here tomorrow." Astrid said. "Oh really? Congrats." Hiccup said. "Thank you." Astrid smiled. "See you." She said. "See you, Astrid." Hiccup said. "Bye." "Bye."
A MONTH LATER
"Ugh that's the the last of the boxes." Astrid said, laying down on the newly bought couch. Astrid and Zephyr moved out to a new one leveled house, which was close to Astrid's mother house. "Yeah finally." Tuffnut said, sitting down and putting her legs on his lap. "You know you don't need to help, right?" Astrid said. "I mean it's just unpacking after now, so I'll be fine." "It's fine. I'm not doing anything useful anyway." Tuffnut shrugged. "Now unloading the boxes boxes done, it's time to unpack and paint Zephyr's room." Astrid said, standing up. She picked the paint materials. "Come on." Tuffnut got up and took some of the stuff that she got. They walked to the room. They started painting the room. "So, I thought you said Zephyr wanted to meet Hiccup? But it's been a month." Tuffnut said. "I know, but she's keeps pushing it away. No matter what I try." Astrid said and sighed. "Maybe you should just tell her who he is to her. Just rip the bandaid off, you know." Tuffnut said, dipping the paint roller on the tray that had pink paint, tapping it and rolling into the wall again. "No. That's too much for her." Astrid said, doing what Tuffnut did. "By the way, I've been meaning to ask you this, but I always forget. You and Olive are a thing?" Astrid asked. Olive was a girl who was working with both Astrid and Ruffnut. "No. Why'd you ask?" Tuffnut asked. "I don't know. I think she kinda likes you." Astrid said. "Nah. You're hallucinating." Tuffnut said, splashing Astrid with the pink paint. Astrid gasped. "Tuffnut! You know this stuff doesn't come off!" Astrid exclaimed. He splashed her again and laughed at her. She wiped her eyes. "You're so on." Astrid said, running behind him. After two minutes of running behind each other, Astrid's got tangled with a newspaper making her fall down, but not before pulling Tuffnut down with her. "Ow!" Astrid groaned. "Ow, indeed." Tuffnut said, tilting his head. "You're an ass." Astrid said. "Not the first time someone told me that." Tuffnut said. They both laughed. "At least the floor didn't get any paint on it." Astrid said. "And good thing we changed our clothes." "Astrid." Tuffnut called her softly. She looked at him with a smile plastered on her face. "Keep smiling, it looks good on you." Tuffnut said. Astrid kept smiling shyly and leaned her head on his shoulder. "Also you should ask Olive out." Astrid said. Tuffnut snorted. "Seriously, when was the last time you were in a relationship?" Astrid asked. "Third year college, probably." Tuffnut said. "See? Go for her or I swear I'll set you both on a blind date." Astrid said. "You won't." Tuffnut said. "I will. I want to see you happy and so does Ruffnut and also your mother." Astrid said. "What about you? Have you been in a relationship since Hiccup?" Tuffnut asked. "I have a kid, Tuff. She's the first on my list. I never really had time to think of dating or something." Astrid said. "Or maybe you haven't moved on." Tuffnut suggested. "And Zephyr is always a reminder of how you still love him." "It's not like he feels the same way." Astrid said and stood up. "Come on we need to finish this room. Chop, Chop!" She said.