27. Girl's Night part 2

~

Four drinks and five cigarettes later I was starting to feel pretty dizzy and drunk. Well not 'starting', I was pretty dizzy and drunk. But what a night so far!

It was almost midnight and me and Alex just finished singing Pretty Woman in the karaoke section of the bar. We got pretty loud cheers but mainly from Rob's friends even though we're not that great in singing.

"Go girls!" Savannah and Nina, Rob's friend also, cheered us on.

The whole friend group was so nice to us. It didn't feel awkward at all to spend the evening with them. They danced with us, chatted with us and really welcomed us with them. I felt glad that I came even though tomorrow was going to be dedicated to hangover.

"That was amazing!" I squaled as I hung on Alex's shoulders for support while we got back to the table where everyone was.

"You have a beautiful voice." Rob patted my back, proudly.

"Why thank you, my lord." I told him in my very bad british accent.

"We're kind of professionals, Robert." Alex shrugged it off, playing arrogant.

"I'm not Robert." Rob laughed at her comment.

"You are to me." Alex winked.

"She's way too drunk. Like me!" I added.

Rob chuckled and leaned closer to me, "Come outside with me for a second."

I got a little startled from his suggestion. We were all gathered here so why would he want to be alone with me?

My gaze jumped from Alex back to him. I took a sip from my drink while looking into his dark brown eyes. I was in no state to make wise decisions. I shouldn't even be allowed to talk at this point.

But I nodded.

I let go of Alex and went after Rob who was already making his way outside to the front. Taking a few running steps I reached him while he held the door open for me. The smoking area was full of people again but Rob managed to find us a small little space.

"Want one?" he asked me, offering a cigarette while one was between his lips.

I grabbed the cig he was offering and he helped me light it up.

We took a few whiff's while it was silent between us. Rob was staring at the dark sky as he blew smoke out of his nostrils.

"It's been a very fun night." I decided to comment because he wasn't saying anything.

That made him look at me.

"Yeah, it has. I'm so glad you came." he smiled a little, "I don't usually do something like this."

I squinted my eyes, responding to his smile with mine.

"Something like what?"

"This. Inviting almost 'strangers' with me and my friends. No offense and you're definitely not a stranger anymore after this night." he laughed whole-heartedly.

"Really? You seem like the guy who gets along with everyone." I shrugged, surprised to hear that he thought of himself as a shy person.

He was definitely not shy compared to me.

"What? No, I'm not." he shook his head while breathing in from his cigarette, "I mean, I do get along but not that well."

"Oh, okay. But I'm actually glad you invited us even though I didn't wanna come at first." I licked my lips but then my eyes got big soon after I said that.