27. Girl's Night part 1

~

Ava's POV

"Why did you do that?" I snapped at Alex as soon as Rob had gone away.

We were walking on the streets of busy New York, heading towards our favorite shops to browse through some new looks for this season.

"What?" Alex acted innocent.

"I'm not going out with him and his friends. It's not good for me." I stated bluntly, looking straight ahead.

Alex let out a laugh, probably thinking I was joking.

"And I'm serious." I added since I don't think she got the memo.

From the corner of my eye, I could feel her staring at me.

"Ava, stop for a second." Alex grabbed my arm so I would stop walking, "Ava." she pulled my arm so I would look at her.

"Yes?" I glared.

"Will you just stop that? Having fun isn't good for you? Please, don't make me laugh, I can't take it." she faked a laugh but stared at me seriously right after, "That's just crazy. We're only going out for a couple of drinks. Just think of it that way."

"You don't understand. I can't. I can't have a crush on someone right now."

"Then don't?! It doesn't have to be that serious." she raised her voice a little.

I bit my lip nervously. I could feel my eyes starting to burn a little, my vision getting a little blurry. This was the first time in a week that I felt like crying over the same thing that broke me a month ago. I didn't want that.

"You don't understand. It's not that easy." my voice was barely a whisper.

"Then tell me. What is it that I don't understand?" Alex asked softly, lowering her voice.

She probably saw me getting close to crying. I couldn't say anything.

I was overthinking this, I know. But when the same person hurt you more than just one time, you lose the capability to trust anyone. And I was scared to have feelings for someone new. What if they were going to hurt me right after I gained trust on them? I couldn't have that. Not again.

"Ava, he's barely even a friend to you at this point. You can take a deep breath and relax. We're going to have fun and nothing's gonna happen. I'll make sure of that." she said and pulled me into a tight hug, "You're fine. It's a girls night, okay?"

I sighed and nodded.

Just have fun. Take a couple of drinks. Chat with people. That's it. Nothing else.

"Great." Alex pulled away from the hug, but still held my shoulders in her hands, "Let's go find me a hooker dress."

"Is that what we're gonna be tonight?" I smirked, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I am!" she shrugged and with that, we were on the move again.

-

I applied mascara on my eyelashes to finish my evening look. I had some pink eyeshadow on and a little lighter shade of pink on my lips. My hair was straightened so it reached almost my shoulders. I was loving the new look my short hair gave me. In my opinion I looked a little more like an adult, not a child. My face was round enough, giving me this young-ish look, which was the main reason I felt like I needed to change my hairstyle.

"Can I borrow that powder you have?" Alex shouted from the bathroom near me.

"Sure." I grabbed the small round container from my dresser to hand it to Alex who had her arm extended out from the bathroom.