10. Sweet

~

Ava's POV

I jolted awake when the bed sheets shuffled, revealing my right bare leg, the cold air in my bedroom hitting my skin almost immediately. My head thumped a little, indicating that I sure did have a hungover from that small amount of alcohol I drunk last night. How pathetic. But then again, I never was a drinker and when I eventually did drink, I would get hungover from the slightest amounts.

As I opened my eyes, it was bright as hell and from that I knew we had been sleeping in.

Wait...

So last night was definitely real because at first it felt like a dream. The evening was so magical in every way. First, I just happen to bump into Justin in my bedroom, then we fight and then we hug. After that everything felt blurry. We sure did go to a bar to get shots and after that we were chased by a huge crowd of people trying to get a photo of or with Justin. It was crazy. And we sure did ran all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge. What happened next, still tickled my stomach, making me all giddy. But it was amazing. I didn't want to believe myself but when I looked to my right, I saw Justin sleeping, his right cheek pressed against the pillow so that his lips were slightly parted as he laid on his stomach, peacefully. He was topless, or maybe even totally naked. I wasn't sure, but the duveet covered only the bottom of his body, ending right above his butt.

I shifted on my place, changing my position so that my body was facing him. His hand was tucked under the pillow and quiet snores was coming out of his mouth.

Never did I imagine that I would wake up next to him, after my birthday. Never did I even imagine that I was going to get back with him. I was so, one hundred percent sure that he had moved on to better things. But what he said and told me last night, were the opposite of my thoughts.

He waited for me.

And the fact that he put out a whole album only because he was wishing he could reach me with the help of the album's success. He must've felt awful since I never replied to him. He must've thought I moved on, which I never did. Just because of what happened six months ago, I never intended on leaving him.

I love him too much. How could I ever let something so precious slip away from my hands?

And as I watched him, sleeping so peacefully in his gorgeous presence, it hurt me so much to think that if I had made the wrong choice by letting him walk away, I wouldn't be here, with him.

Because of that, I scooped closer to him, snuggling my face against his warm chest, under the duveet. He slightly shifted, breathing in a large breath, before wrapping his heavy arm around me. My goodness, I felt comfortable, to be in his, and only his, arms again. Softly I placed kisses on his chest, here and there, letting them linger on his skin even after my lips weren't touching him. I could feel him getting goosebumps under my delicate kisses, indicating that he was surely waking up.

"Mmm..." I heard him hum, his voice hoarse and sleepy.

Geez, he's so sexy.

I touched his collarbone with the tip of my tongue following with an open mouth kiss.

"You're giving me a hard on." he murmured, still eyes closed.

Good.

"Am I?" I whispered and backed away a little to see his face.

He was smiling slightly, still half asleep.

"Why'd you stop?" mumbling, he peeked through his right eye, narrowing it open.