3. Reveal

~

I zoned out from the outside world, totally in my thoughts, when I started hearing a familiar song played on the radio sung by an awfully familiar voice.

Wait...

Chills went down my spine as the chorus came on.

"When it comes to you
There's no crime
Let's take both of our souls
And intertwine
When it comes to you
Don't be blind
Watch me speak from my heart
When it comes to you
Comes to you"

And I almost fainted.

Was I dreaming? Halluscinating? Imagining everything? Was Justin's song, he specifically wrote to me, playing on the radio?

My groceries slipped from my grip, falling to the hard floor, letting out a loud sound. Everyone in the line turned to look at me and it took me a whole minute to realize what was really happening.

"Miss, are you okay?" one of the cashiers asked me.

I shook my head to get out of my own zone and quickly picked up my groceries from the floor.

"I-I'm sorry. Who is this singer?" I pointed upwards, feeling a little flushed.

Hell, I probably was as red as a firetruck.

The women in front of me looked at each other and then, finally, one of them answered me.

"Uhm... It's Justin Bieber?"

And they looked at me like I was stupid. I really felt stupid at this point.

"Oh my god..." I breathed out, suddenly feeling like getting some fresh air was a hard task.

I apologized to the employee's at the market repeatedly and quickly left the store, running. I didn't know, yet, where I was running but I needed answers. Why didn't I know? Well, the answer is simple. I went away for six months and maybe during that time, everything had changed. He made it to the music industry as a singer and I knew nothing. I was just in North Carolina, in a mental health center, living in a complete ignorance. Not even my family dared to tell me that Justin did make it.

I ran around the corner and stopped there, leaning against the brick wall. I was completely out of breath. Completely and utterly. Mentally and physically.

With my shaky hands, I pulled my phone out of my purse and dialed Alex's number. It beeped a few times before she finally answered.

"Yello-"

"Why didn't you tell me?" I snapped, almost freaking out.

"Tell you... What excactly?" she tried to sound innocent.

Oh, no. I wasn't buying that.

"I just heard him on the radio, and-and there are people, actually, women daydreaming about him and I have no-"

"Ava."

"I have no idea how did this all happen, and I feel horrible for not knowing and-"

"Ava! Calm your tits, for christ's sake!" Alex interrupted my rant.