15. Sleepless nights and planning

~

Justin's POV

"Try going up in falsetto from there, let's see if it sounds cool." I told Madison as she stood in the recording booth with big, red headphones over her ears.

"Okay. Let's go a couple lines back first." she mumbled to her mic so her voice echoed in the technic room, just on the other side of the glass.

I rolled the instrumental and she sang the lines on top of it, all the while I was bopping my head to the rhythm. It sounded dope.

It was just me and her in my Calabasas home studio at 3 in the morning. We were trying our hardest to get this song ready that we had been working for for ages.

Madison was an 18 year old girl, just starting her singing career. I brought her up to the surface a little over a year ago when I saw a couple of her youtube videos. Her voice was powerful and deep for a girl like her since she was kind of tiny and seemed like she would have a high-pitched voice. But no. It was definitely something else and I was digging it.

"Yeah, that's awesome! Lemme play it one more time for you." I told her excitedly because the magic we just did was out of this world.

I pressed the play button and her song started blasting through the speakers. It was an upbeat song with futuristic effects to it. One of her best work, honestly, with a little bit of my help added to it.

"Oh my God, that's so good!" she clapped her hands together happily as she entered the technic room to accompany me.

"I'm giving this to you so you can kinda listen to it how that sounds in the morning." I told her while handing a memory stick where I just downloaded the song for her to listen to.

"Oh we're stopping?" she looked surprised as she slowly took the stick from my hand.

"Madison, it's 3am." I chuckled while putting my things away as well as turning off the lights too in my studio.

"Ugh, fine. But I'll see you in two days prior?" she asked me while grabbing her backpack from the couch.

I opened the door for her as she passed me to the hallway.

"Yeah, sure." I cleared my throat and followed her to the front door to see that she gets to her car.

It was pitch black outside and gladly no photographers were on the other side of my gate. I watched as Madison went to her Range Rover from the front door.

"Drive safely!" I hollered at her before she hopped into her car and soon she drove away, leaving me in a peaceful silence.

I went back into my house. The house I now lived in was way bigger than my penthouse apartment in New York. It had two floors and six bedrooms with 4 bathrooms, a huge patio, backyard and a pool. Also I had room for several sport activites, for example basketball, soccer and dry hockey. Yeah, the house was a little too over the top for me, to be honest. But it was the first house I came across with when I was told that I had to move to Los Angeles. I was planning on moving to a smaller house as soon as I saw one for sale because I felt so alone in this big house of mine. I didn't know what to do with all this space. I barely even used all of the bedroom. Well, if I had visitors they had their own rooms but still. It was so quiet in here. I couldn't listen to any music out loud since the neighbors would wake up and I just had to be lowkey just because of my reputation. It was driving me insane. I know I had Ava now but it didn't help, including the fact that she lived thousands of miles away from me and I missed her every. Single. Day. Of course I respected her decision to not ruin her future by dropping out of college and quitting her internship at ELLE, but I just... I wished there was a better way of boosting her career while she lived here with me rather than me, and most likely her too, suffering in silence from our distance.