She quickly gets rid of the tears that fell and looks back at me. "Why aren't you taking her today? It barely 5 p.m. there's plenty of time for you to take her to your house."

"I actually have to go somewhere-." I was interrupted by Mabel before I could even finish my sentence.

"If you're gonna go do something illegal then I changed my mind." She says quickly getting up from the kitchen table.

"No." I say laughing knowing what her assumption of me is now. "I'm not gonna go do anything illegal, I promise." She looks at me a little and nods her head again. "I have to go, but I will be back for Jane tomorrow morning." I say with a smile. "JANE! I'm leaving but I'll come back." I say from the bottom of the stairs.

Jane come from the rooms and runs up to me. "Pinky promise you'll come back." I give her my pinky and she interlocks it with her own. I walk out the house with Mabel's and Jane's stares. I hop onto my bike and drive until i reach my destination.

Finally here i get off my bike and enter through the front doors. A young lady is in the front desk looks at me. "Welcome to the library. If you need any help don't mind coming up here or asking one of the employees." I nod and walk to the table sections in the back of the library. Even thought it may seem like i hate school and I actually do I don't plan on failing it. I worked really hard all these years just for me to give up my last year. The library also kept me more concentrated since I wasn't home and able to do whatever I wanted.

I opened my history book and started taking notes on different people and things I thought were important. Paragraph after paragraph I seemed to be getting stuck on different things. Somehow I ended up with multiple crumpled sheets of paper around me, different types of books about wars, significant people, and maps. I lean more against my chair and sigh loudly getting tired already. I look at my phone and see it was 10 already.

The library closed at 12 so I only had 2 more hours left to study. I continued writing down about people and what they did during there life's until I hear the chair next to me screech. Seconds later some books are placed next to the ones I have. I turn up quickly as to see who was bothering me knowing that the tables around me were all free.

The same mesmerizing eyes that make me freeze look back at me. I quickly push my chair back and stand up taken by surprise and say, "What the-" rather loudly. Heads turn as to see who was making so much noise. I turn back and see Noah look at me with a small smile. Holding my composure I sit back down and quietly ask "what the hell are you doing here?"

He gives me a confused but happy smile and says, "I'm your tutor."

"I know that." I say with a serious tone. "I mean how did you know I was here."

We make eye contact and he says, "I was driving around town and I happened to see your motorcycle outside in the parking lot so I thought I could help you a bit with class." He smiles while looking down at the books he got as if it was no big deal. He opens the first couple pages and scans the table of contents. After looking for a while he starts flipping pages. "How long have you been here for?"

I try not to make a big scene and just stick to his plan of him helping me in class. The quicker I get this over with the quicker I can go home. "Since 5 or so." I say while finishing the notes I had started.

He looks shocked for a while before I look back at him unbothered. "I didn't know you had that in you. You always seem...uninterested in everything." He says while continuing flipping pages.

"That's because you don't know a lot about me Noah." I say while getting up to get another book but mostly to just get a bit further away from him. I pass through shelf's of books until I reach the history books. I scan the spines of the books for a while trying to hold myself together until Noah appears.

"Then why don't you tell me. You were doing it at the forest why not continue?" He says looking at me almost as if trying to convince me.

"Because back then I thought we had something going on." I quickly get a book and walk back to the table. My patience was quickly disappearing and I wasn't sure what I was gonna do when it was all gone.

"We were. We are! Penelope come on don't tell me you don't feel this connection between us." He says while moving his hand in between us. "I know I should've told you what I was sooner but you have to understand I thought you weren't ready to hear it. I wanted to at least make a friendship before I told you."

I look up at him, "I'm not mad at you entirely."

Noah looks taken aback by my response. "What-"

"I'm mad that on that day, I was so blinded by whatever we had between us that I didn't even realize that that guy was there. I'm mad that he was threatening my sister. I'm mad that HE was the one that told me. Maybe it's not anger I feel towards you, maybe it's fear." I say looking down at my hands. "Maybe I'm terrified that everything he told me could be true." I say while slowly looking back up at him dreading to see the look on his face. I could feel the tears I was holding in try and come out but I blinked quickly to get rid of them. He seemed shocked.

"So your not mad at me?" He says repeating what I had said.

I let a small laugh out and shake my head. "From everything I said that's what you got." I say with a small smile. Somehow his small joke had brought back a smile to my face.

He looked back at me with a smile of his own and said, "No. No, I heard everything. I just don't like seeing you upset. If I know I can do something to make you happy, I would do it all the time." He clears his throat before starting again. "Nothings gonna happen to you or your sister. I promise you that. As for me, I can tell you whatever you want to know so your not scared of me. I don't think I can make it another week without your smile or laugh."

His words somehow make me feel less alone. I can feel a small smile form on my face and quickly clear my throat to bring both of us back to reality. Even if I wanted to stay there all day. I look at him and look back at the book trying to grab ahold of my attention. I start on reading the next page and writing down certain phrases that might be of use.

10 pages of notes later and we sat in silence while stealing certain glances from each other. I was tired of writing any more notes and Noah stepped up and told me he could let me burrow the ones he had even though he said his writing was quite messy. I relaxed against my chair for a while listening to Noah read to me silently, until I didn't notice I had closed my eyes. I no longer registered the words he said but could feel comfort knowing that he was there. The words all moved around in my mind in no apparent order, slowly becoming quieter and quieter until a loud beep was heard that woke me up.

I move forward on my chair and the voice of the lady who seemed to greet me at the door speaks loud and clear. "Ladies and gents the library will be closing in 10 minutes. If you would like to check out certain books please bring it to the front. The hours for tomorrow will be from..." and on she went. I slowly open my eyes and squint trying to adjust to the lighting. I look around me and see Noah smiling at me. I grab a paper I had previously crinkled in a ball next to me and quickly throw it at him.

"Don't look at me like that." I yawn covering my face and turn around to see most of the people gone already. "We should get going." Noah nods and starts packing up our stuff. I grab the books I had taken and placed them on the shelf's I got them from hoping that I at least helped the workers a bit. I go back and see Noah putting all the notes in a folder he must have asked for in the front desk.

"We're all ready to go. After you my lady." He curtsied.

I let a small laugh out and say, "you know guys don't curtsy right?"

He smiles at me and responds, "oh I know. I've been taught all this from a young age but why does it matter when I'm just glad I got to spend this lovely evening with the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on."

"Oh how cute...it's rather cringe though." I give a amused laugh by the look of surprise on Noah's face.

"Oh, you're not the kind to like romantic words. I'll keep a mental note on that." He rest his arm around my neck and we walk toward the entrance of the library with a smile etched upon our faces.

:)