Chapter 23

(Noah's Point of View)

I'm driving swiftly through the cars trying to get home. Maybe if I could plan something for both of us, like we did today she could forgive me or at the very least look at me in the eyes when we're talking. She had changed completely. Going from her normal careless mood to frozen in fear when finding out. I had to do something about it.

I speed into my driveway and park my car. I quickly get out and go to my house. I go into the kitchen and see my parents and Dylan. They're all sitting on the table eating food. I go get an orange to eat and just spit out the news. "She knows." I say looking down unsure of what to do.

"What do you mean?" Says my mom with curiosity. She was no longer eating and placed her fork down to give me all her attention. "She knows about me. About being a werewolf."

My mom gasps. I continue walking out of the kitchen not wanted to elaborate more right now. I had to find a way to get her back. But before I leave the kitchen I tell Dylan to drop her motorcycle off at her house. He nods and finishes eating while I go to my office to think.

I close the door behind myself and sit in my chair. I breath in and think. And like always I'm glad one of my parents came and talked to me. I was going to need help.

(Penelope's Point of View)

I was currently in my room getting clothes to put on. I decide to put on some baggy grey sweatpants and a baggy graphic t-shirt. I put my hair in a bun to try and move it from my face and walk to my bathroom.

I look at myself in the mirror and I look horrible in all honesty. My eyes are red and puffy and my nose is pink from all the sniffling and crying I've been doing. I splash water on my face to try and stop my face from turning more red and to stop my eyes from getting more puffy. But it doesn't really work.

I hear a knock and walk to the front door. I open it and see Ethan there. He walks in and closes the door after himself. He sees my puffy eyes and exhales. He gently pushes me to the couch and sits me down. "Whatever happened must be so bad that it's got you like that." I let out a small laugh and nod. He gives me a big hug and walks to the kitchen. "I'll go make something to eat cause I just have a feeling you haven't ate."

I give him a small smile. "Thank you." I stay in the couch and look around my house. Pictures of my parents with me and Jane look back at me from the walls. The look on my face. I seemed so happy. "Thank you again for coming here for me." I tell Ethan while I look down at my fidgety hands.

"It no problem." Says Ethan from the kitchen. "You should probably sleep while I finish making it. It'll probably take about a couple more minutes." I nod my head and get comfortable on the couch. As soon as my head hits the pillow my eyes start to close. I let the darkness over take me and let out a final breath.

I'm running through the woods. I'm not sure of what but I just have this feeling as if I shouldn't stop. I'm running out of breath quick. I don't think I'll make it much longer without it catching up to me. It's dark outside and it's not helping me navigate through the trees. My body hurts. I look down at myself while I continue running. Where are my shoes? I'm bare foot and all the sticks and rocks on the ground hurt my feet but I don't think about stopping. My arms have cuts from running around the branches but I don't stop.

I hear a loud growl from behind me and I run faster. My life can't end like this. Not now. I continue and make a right to try and confuse it from where I'm going. But seconds later I'm pushed to the ground head first and I can hear my head hit the ground. I groan from the impact and squeeze my eyes shut as to try and think of something else aside from the pain. I look up at whatever is pinning me down while my breathing is coming out in short breaths.