Chapter 35

Penelope's POV

It's today. The big day where we go from being teenagers causing ruckus at school to having to be adults. Did I like that part of today, no I prefer to forget about the adult life. But this was it. There was no turning back. But wouldn't it be the same for me since I would still be the older daughter caring for her younger sister, with no parents. Would I still be looked at with pity?

After having to do various tutoring hours with Noah so my teachers wouldn't fail me, I was pleased to say I could probably recite various formulas, speeches, and maybe even funny stories from Noah's childhood.  I had passed all my classes and I wouldn't have to see any of my teachers ever again. What a relief.

A knock is heard from outside my room door. I say a simple enter and the door opens almost hesitantly. Noah comes into view and he's in a suit. I haven't seen him in a suit and while I thought his normal tees were fine, lord was I wrong a simple white button down would have been the down fall of me in various occasions. His hair was slightly wet meaning he had probably showered and ran here in order to pick me up. I chuckled. He really was a dog of some kind. I may have looked at him for a good while and when I noticed I went back to trying to fix my lipstick which didn't seem to want to cooperate with me. Noahs eyes however didn't seem to look away from me.

"Wow" was all he said while his eyes twinkled. His mouth was slightly ajar while he proceeded to look at me with a smile. "You-um- you look beautifully breath taking."

"Come on now you have got to figure out new ways to complement me," I say teasingly "Thank you though for always making me feel special," I add after a while and then smile while twirling slightly in front of the mirror to look at my dress. It was a v-neck spaghetti strap long dress that fell all the way down to my heels. The fabric fit almost perfectly with my body practically illuminating my curves, dare I say if I do have any. The red wine fabric also had a slit that started from a bit above the top of my thigh on my right leg and was open the rest of the way.

I had seen the dress all the way at the back of a store when me and Lori had made the rash decision of going dress shopping together. It was quite awkward at first but we quickly started throwing dress after dress at each other to try. When we had found this one I had seen the way her eyes lit up and I handed it to her. "Try it on, it'll look nice on you."

Baffled she shook her head and said it wasn't her style but I knew she was only being modest. From all the times I had seen her when I first moved here I knew the dress was her perfect style but she was more persistent that I try it on. After arguing some time she found another dress and she had told me to keep this one since it would be a waste just leaving it at the store for someone else to find. With further convincing from Lori we finally bought the dress and spent the rest of the evening purchasing accessories to go with them.

I turn back to Noah and look down at myself before looking at him. "I have got to say, you look dashing young sir," I say as I walk towards him and gently fix his tie. I look up at him slightly and I can see his own smile. I place a small kiss on his right cheek and tap his left cheek twice. "Alright then we're both looking extravagant, see how I'm using different words to describe us and not just breath taking." I tease "anyways, we should head to school to get our cap and gowns or else we'll be late for the graduation."

Noah sighed before nodding. "Yea, Yea you're just jealous that whoever I'm going to graduation with is far superior than everyone there." He takes my hand and we walk down the stairs.

"Sometimes you say far too many cringy phrases for my liking even when our conversation has nothing to do with it." I say with a fake look of disgust. We walk out the door and near his car.

"Oh, wait you thought it was you? Oh no mi flor, I'm just giving you a ride. Dylan is my partner. He's looking excruciatingly tempting this evening." He says as he opens the door to his car with a big smirk. Excruciatingly tempting? I tried to hold my laughter. He really described Dylan as if he was a piece of meat in a market which he was so impatiently waiting to devour.