So, Malania would send daily reminders to all the members of her immediate family from three months prior itself, if only so they couldn't say that they already had plans, and would hire the best painter to paint their portraits and infuse it with magic so whenever she felt nostalgic, all she had to do was look at one of the portraits and be overcome with memories of how they all had been a few years ago, as magic would not only capture their image but also their behaviour.

It wasn't like she was fond of the portrait painting part either, especially considering they would all have to be as still as a statue for the most part before they were allowed to move during the last thirty minutes for the painter to encapsulate their behaviour; but Malania didn't show attitude towards it unlike her family, now did she?

None of them understood the importance of a moment until it had become a memory.

Malania forced herself to snap out of her inner monologue when she noticed the state of Sirius' clothes. Normally, Malania considered herself to be supportive of her family. However, today simply wasn't one of those days.

"Sirius!" She gasped out, horrified. "What happened to your clothes?!"

Sirius awkwardly laughed, eyes firmly averted from her face, much like Archie did whenever he didn't want to answer a question she had asked. "It's a funny story, Grandma."

"I'm sure I'd find it hilarious, darling," Malania sighed. "But the painter is due to arrive in five minutes, so right now, I'm more exasperated than anything."

"In my defence, it was all Regulus' fault!" Sirius quickly pointed a finger at his younger brother, who had previously been trying to quietly walk up the stairs without being noticed, only to be caught startled at the sudden attention from his grandmother due to the accusation of his brother.

Malania let out a visible grimace, noting all the colourful stains on Regulus' clothes, identical to the ones adorning Sirius' expensive robes. "Regulus... really? Now?"

Regulus smiled weakly, giving her a small wave. "Hello, grandmother. You look absolutely phenomenal this evening- like beauty personified, really. So gorgeous that Aphrodite herself would blush with envy. Grandpa Archie is a very lucky man."

"I am perfectly aware of that, darling, and I honestly wish I could comment positively on you and your brother's current outfits as well but I don't have the energy to make up a lie right now," Malania eyed the taints on their formerly white robes with tired eyes.

"It was Sirius' fault!" Regulus immediately exclaimed, pointing a finger at Sirius who spluttered, glaring heatedly at his younger brother.

"Me?! For the first time, I am innocent in this. You started this!"

"But you finished it." Regulus countered hotly.

"Well, excuse me for defending myself against your assault of stainable food items!"

"I wouldn't have had to throw those food items at you if you'd stop making fun of Kreacher when I told you to!"

"Yeah, well, you're a-"

"-Boys," Malania's soft tone successfully commanded the attention of both the brothers, sheepish expressions decorating their features as their grandmother directed an exhausted look to each of them. "I don't care who started this. I don't care who finished this. I don't even care why this happened in the first place or what you both did. All I care is that you all look prim and proper when the painter arrives in three minutes and counting. Can I take it that you understood my words?" She asked pointedly, bringing Sirius and Regulus to frantically nod before running up the stairs to get changed. "And don't run up the stairs! You might fall and get blood on my carpets!"