Chapter 39

Three days later:

Three days later:

-------------------> "I'VE SEEN BETTER SITTING POSTURE IN MY BROTHER WHEN HE IS ASLEEP."

Ted scowled at her remark, shifting and trying to sit up straight. The action prompting Lyra to throw her hands up in the air with frustration. "I don't know how this is possible, but your posture got worse! Honestly! Moros has better posture than you do!"

"Who's Moros?"

"My pet black mamba." Lyra smiled at him. "They're highly venomous, you know? Would you like to meet him?"

"No thank you." Ted Tonks replied hurriedly as he shook his head frantically.

"Lyra," Andromeda said in a warning tone making her cousin roll her eyes.

"You're no fun, Andy."

"Yes, because threatening people is so much fun," Andromeda replied in a dry tone.

"Of course it is," Lyra said, turning back to Ted. "Look, you asked for my help, not the other way around. So at least try to behave properly and not like a slouch?"

"I'm trying, okay? This is harder than it looks." Ted said in frustration.

Lyra scoffed. "I sincerely doubt it. Now," she observed him with sharp eyes, "chin up. You may be a mudblood, but you must show my grandfather that you are proud. Otherwise, he'll break your poor, fragile mind so completely that all the repairo's in the world wouldn't be able to fix it."

With every attempt Ted did to behave more 'properly' in order to make a good impression, Andromeda cringed and Lyra winced. As members of the House of Black who had taken into such behaviour and mannerisms with elegance and ease, Ted's attempts were rather sad for them to look at.

When Ted shifted once more in his seat, Lyra stopped him. "Okay, let's go with speaking skills now and work on your dreadful posture later." She suggested.

"'Kay," Ted replied.

Lyra closed her eyes and managed to take a deep breath. "First of all, the appropriate answer that is acceptable is 'okay' and 'alright' and 'yes, please'. Do not under any circumstances use half-words when speaking to my grandfather, especially if you want to make a good impression like you claim you do. Also, speak formally, never informal unless you are given direct permission from him and most importantly, always address him as Lord Black. Okay?" She emphasised the last word.

Ted nodded slowly, still in the process of absorbing information. "Okay."

Lyra nodded, satisfied, while Andromeda let out a sigh of relief.

"So, there's hope?" Andromeda asked her.

Lyra nodded with a small smile. "There is hope," she confirmed. "I might not approve of him, but you could do worse. At least it isn't a muggle." she joked, making Andromeda laugh.