Chapter 10

-------------------> TWO DAYS AFTER SIRIUS BLACK had been admitted to a fancy hospital in France for his 'critical injuries', Severus was sick of everything

He personally felt that they were making a much bigger fuss over the small incident than they were supposed to. Black must be faking now, or perhaps he had already recovered and was currently spending the day in one of his family's many Manors being hand-fed exotic types of food on a literal silver spoon. Or perhaps gold. 

He had not listened to Lucius Malfoy's suggestion of staying hidden in the Slytherin Common Room. Doing such a thing would be showing weakness and admitting defeat. 

And Severus would not let them take pleasure in seeing him doing that.

He had been isolated by the whole school (except Lily sometimes, bless her) and he had visited the hospital wing twenty two times per day, and yes, he counted.

While the Slytherins were not doing anything to him directly, they had turned a blind eye to all the damage being done to him by the rest of the school, who had in turn, taken this as a green card for impacting danger on to him.

The truth was, Severus had more important things to worry about than silly students and their petty grudges.

The previous afternoon, he had received an official-looking envelope during dinner. It was sent by the Ministry, and had politely demanded his attendance in the next Wizengamot session that would take place in four days time.

Now, he had two days left to go, and he had still not found a way to get out of this mess. 

Severus sat quietly at a spot on the Slytherin table that was the closest to the teacher's table, so that if anybody tried to harm him during dinner, the teachers would protect him.

The teachers were actually no better than the students. They themselves turned a bit of a blind-eye and practically ignored his complaints, giving the crime committing students nothing more than a warning (for the hundredth time) and taking away five points from the persons house.

But he knew that if he was hurt in front of their noses, then they would have to react. So, he took the chance. 

------> 0o0 <------

Albus Dumbledore was just about to leave his office for dinner when the fireplace in his office erupted, indicating that somebody wanted to floo in. He frowned slightly, wondering who could possibly be arriving at this time, before giving his permission for the person to enter.

"Miss Black!" Dumbledore exclaimed cheerfully upon seeing the familiar face. "I'm glad you're looking well, my dear girl."

"Thank you, sir." Lyra dimpled, wearing a dark dress that highlighted her startling grey eyes. Her equally dark hair had been set in a complicated, twisted up-do and she wore simple looking (as much as it can be for a Black) diamond jewellery that contrasted wonderfully against the dress. A black scarf was circled around her neck, but what fascinated him the most was her shoes.