Chapter 61

--------------------> IT WAS JAMES AND SIRIUS' FIRST TRIP TO HOGSMEADE VILLAGE and they were currently alternating between explaining to Regulus how them going was not a 'betrayal' to their honour and promising to buy him all his favourite sweets

Lyra adorned a fond smile on her face as she watched their antics and wished that they could be frozen in this innocent age of goodness, never having to grow up and get accustomed to the horrors of the tainted world around them. 

"Are they still arguing?" Lucius' shocked voice rang from beside her, making her turn.

"Of course," Lyra replied with a grin. "You were an only child, Lucius, so you did not have the joy of experiencing siblings, and let me tell you that arguing and debating between ourselves is perfectly natural. Morgana help if an outsider tries to expertise that right, however." 

"Let me guess," Lucius drew, a hint of amusement in his tone. "Their vital organs will be acquainted with a knife?" 

"And they will mysteriously disappear," Lyra added. "After giving Grandfather his three day notice, of course." 

"Of course." Lucius nodded as if he understood. "Tell me though, does this particular behaviour of siblings occur only in the Black family?" 

"It occurs in every family, I assure you," Theodore Nott replied before Lyra could, revealing shamelessly how he had been eavesdropping on their conversation. "See, most of the times, siblings fight and we claim we hate each other. But Merlin forbid if anybody else speaks ill to my little brother, I'll skin them alive myself. Nobody gets to curse and hex him but me. It's my right as a sibling." He said firmly and Lyra nodded her head in agreement although poor Lucius still looked lost at the logic.

"...Okay..." he said, choosing not to push the topic any further. "Is Cassandra going to be there?" 

"Obviously," Lyra answered before Theodore could. "I mean, look at him! Theodore is wearing that dreadful scarf Cassandra bought him for Yule two years ago. There is not a chance he would be seen in public wearing something like that if it wasn't to meet his girlfriend- or should I say fiancé?" 

Theodore's cheeks gained a pink tinge at Lucius and Lyra's identical sly smirks. "You both are awful, you know?" 

"Yes, we do." Lucius grinned. 

"And are highly proud of it," Lyra stated further, making Theodore fondly roll his eyes before waving them goodbye and leaving.

Lyra half-smiled at Theodore's retreating figure and couldn't help but feel pity for him. Cassandra Greengrass and Theodore Nott had been friends for years and somewhere along the way, had fallen in love. However, it was only when they had begun to realise it did Cassandra graduate from Hogwarts. 

Lyra was sure Theodore was looking forward to graduating from Hogwarts the most out of them all, if only so he wasn't restricted to letters, holidays and Hogsmeade trips to see his beloved. Most of the people had initially assumed that the two wouldn't last considering the long distance, but Theodore and Cassandra took pleasure in proving those people wrong, just as they had from the past two years and they would continue to do so long into the future.