Chapter 22

Humans have always been greedy for everything; power was amongst them.

Fifteen years ago, this was demonstrated by a man named Victor Bianchi. The former right hand of Alexander Jones, and a father to Jane Bianchi.

Always an advisor, but first and foremost the closest person to Alexander; he was a shrewd and cunning man.
He had been by Alexander's side for half of his life, whilst suppressing his urge to overthrow him and take over his kingdom.

He understood that he was not ready to take him head on and quietly built his own army. However, before it could be fully built, the enemy (the Jones) caught wind of the operation and crushed it with full force.

Alexander was furious when he found out that the person he considered his brother had stabbed him in the back. He spared no one who had sided with the traitor, but failed to capture the leader; he had gone into hiding along with his daughter.

Alexander had searched and hunted for him high and low and for many years, but to no avail.

Victor Bianchi and his daughter had completely vanished without a trace.

***
The first thing I felt was a throbbing headache. As I slowly opened my eyes, the first thing that came to sight was the blurry outline of metal grills.

I was in a cell.

Slowly the panic started to kick in. As I tried to get up in a hurry, the throbbing worsened. Bad idea. This time I slowly dragged myself up and I could feel the dirt from the floor sticking to my skin.
Pretty sure I was in an underground cell of some sort.

I knew shouting for help would be pointless during these instances, so I decided to be rational and look around for a way to breakout. Not that there was much to look around.

After thinking of every way which ultimately led to a dead end, I was starting to think that biting on the metal grills was the only way out but before I could execute this, I was so rudely interrupted by three bulky men in all black.

"Umm... hello?" Great Delilah, just freakin great. These are you kidnappers for goodness sake.

"I mean.. WHY AM I HERE? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?" Yup. Way way better.

However, they didn't seem fazed by any of my multiple personalities.

"Yes Boss." They spoke suddenly which made me jump and nearly shit my pants.

Then they suddenly started opening my cell and dragging me out of there. I started thrashing around before I was thrown over one of their shoulders.

How dare they!?

It was not long befor-
Maybe a couple thousand staircases but that's not what we're concerned with.
We finally came to stop. The guards opened a door and entered. And I was finally put down.

"Hello dear Delilah." I turned towards the familiar voice.

Uncle Victor?

_______________
A/N
Hello my dear children!
Please don't kill me😌 I know it's been ages but I'm finally back🥺
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! Thank you for waiting for me and all your messages🤍
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!!
(Please follow my IG account - @dxrvone_ to get future progress on my work!)

-lia__nee