Chapter 20

Delilah

My current status: I'm gonna die freaking out.

"So tell me Luca, what are you planning for the next step?" My dad asks, curiously.

"I'm currently building another chain of hotels." He answers, glancing my way. We made eye contact, to which I immediately looked away and took a sip of the drink I ordered.

Yes. Luca Romano was currently chatting with my family and suprisingly getting along very well.

I was entirely silent the whole time making minimal eye contact. I was sure my mother had caught on as she kept trying to involve me in the conversation, which I clearly had no idea about. My dear mother liked playing matchmaker everytime, but my father and brothers were entirely against it; not to my mention my cousins too. I'm going to die single; my fate has been sealed.

I didn't know Luca would walk right up to us and start conversing with my WHOLE family.

Why did you challenge him?

Thank you for reminding me about how stupid I was, my dear brain.
Turns out, my brothers and father already knew him through their 'you know what' business.
I think Luca just took the place for the one and only male that was allowed to come within one metre distance from me. I had great respect towards him for that.

If I belonged to the male species and valued my life, I would not come near myself. Nuh-uh, I was not signing my death certificate.

I obviously had to act like I didn't know him and had the most awkward introduction. He continued chatting with my family, while I just kept sipping my poor drink.

It's only you and me now, dear.

"So Delilah, what are you doing right now?" I freaking choked on my drink. My mother immediately starts rubbing my back.
I was not expecting this sudden intrusion while I was in my happy bubble. I looked up to see him slightly smirking.

This bastard is enjoying it.

"Well, I'm still in College Mr. Romano." I reply with slight harshness.

"Luca is fine." He replied, clearly not happy about the way he was addressed.

To which I didn't reply, just to test the waters. Why do I do this to myself?
The next few moments was me gobbling up my food god speed, so that we could all be on our merry way, home.

After eating, we decided to call it a night. Finally! Just as we're about to leave, I had to use the washroom because the 'sipping' had taken a toll on me. Mom tells me that they'll wait outside, as I rush to the washroom.

As soon as I step out the washroom, I'm pulled into a chest. Looking up, I find the one and only man, who's been living in my head rent free.

He pulls me close to him and swoops down to kiss the side of my neck, leaving tingles.

"That's for teasing me." He says against my neck, making me feel ticklish.

"Let's go before your family becomes suspicious." He pulls me by my hand.
I was still speechless at what happened a millisecond ago.

As soon as he sees my family, he releases my hand.

"See you next time Mr. Jones." Luca says and nods at the rest of my family.

"See you Luca." My dad replies.

Making one last eye contact with me, he makes his way towards his car.

"I wouldn't mind having him as my son-in-law." My mom suddenly blurts out.

What?

___________________

A/N

Wow. I have updated quite a lot this month. I suddenly had the urge the write. Lol.
Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
P.S: Mom definitely ships it. ;)

-lia__nee